Sponsored

Car Play Stopped Working 21 JLU

Ingram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Have had our Jeep since January. Car Play worked every day no problem. Today, plugged my phone in and it charges, but no Car Play. Any ideas? I already tried switching cables.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Have had our Jeep since January. Car Play worked every day no problem. Today, plugged my phone in and it charges, but no Car Play. Any ideas? I already tried switching cables.
It may relate to which port you are connecting to. There is a long-ish thread from the past 1-2 weeks on recent Car Play changes, may explain what you are experiencing. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/carplay-did-fca-give-up.72057/ I find that recycling the iOS can solve many issues also.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running the latest iOS update and also using a wireless CarPlay module and having no issues, have not tried plugging it in though.

OP
OP
Ingram

Ingram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Which wireless CarPlay module are you using? I've been thinking about getting one, but the reviews seem all over the place.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I'm on 14.5.1 no issues at all with Carplay

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Which wireless CarPlay module are you using? I've been thinking about getting one, but the reviews seem all over the place.
Using this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08767RQDB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_8S8B6KPHX45GSW0C1YS4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 with a iPhone X and most updated iOS software.

The main things I did when getting was not updating the CarPlay module as they highly recommend to see if it works correctly right out of the box and only update if it does not work, I also removed the pairing of Uconnect to my phone to avoid any possible conflict and I have been using it since the first week of February and have had no issues.
Sponsored