Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
This is the only thing I've seen so far that hasn't been at a Ford event. TFL owns a Bronco First Edition now so I expect they'll have something out on it soon.

I believe it's coming tomorrow or the next.
Sponsored

spoolinyc

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW M3
Car & Driver cracks me up with their complete lack of comprehension of what these vehicles are for. Like, here is our in depth comparison of how these mountain bikes perform in the Tour De France.
...who cares? That's not the right tool for the job.
Magazine articles today are complete garbage. Nothing written about the vehicle in its natural habitat.
Jeeps that belong off road are tested on road.
BMW M3 which belongs on a road course or back roads is tested in An airport parking lot.

Great articles! Complete waste of time and money.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent! I really do like their off road content. I'm just afraid they're going to blow it up going up the Ike gauntlet like the F-150 and Silverado just recently.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Magazine articles today are complete garbage. Nothing written about the vehicle in its natural habitat.
Jeeps that belong off road are tested on road.
BMW M3 which belongs on a road course or back roads is tested in An airport parking lot.

Great articles! Complete waste of time and money.
All the best stuff is coming out of people putting it up on YouTube for their own enjoyment. The Money only comes into play once they get popular enough.

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
The grass is always greener. Offer any car with 15 engine options and you will find someone looking over the fence gawking at some other brands engine options. It never ends.

Sponsored

jmr2018

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, 1971 Super Bug Convrt.
I have a sneak-peek into Car & Drives next month's issue where they are testing slalom times of a Case Combine vs a John Deere. I think the Deere is faster....

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else scouring the webs for actual off road Bronco footage that isn't put on by Ford?
I can't find anything worthy.
Not inclined enough to scour, but this recently popped up...

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel & 2021 392
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37035509/2021-ford-bronco-vs-jeep-wrangler-performance/

Bottom line: Bronco V6 beats Wrangler V6. Wrangler I4 beats Bronco I4.

If you want proper speed, the 392 is still the only game in town.
Agree 100%!

Bronco V6 Vs Wrangler V6 are apples and oranges. One is forced induction and the other is naturally asperated. Like comparing a naturally asperated V8 to a forced induction V8. I was a Ford guy my whole life btw until they started shoving the Eco-Joke line down our throat's. I tried them and they are nothing more than Planned Obsolescence trash. I'll never own anything with an Eco-joke again.

Now if you believe everything you read, you are in for a world of hurt. The press is nothing but puppets to the highest bidder these days. It's like I've teleported to the book 1984 for people brainlessly regurgitate whatever they are told and question nothing. The media is promoting whatever the Manufacturers and Government are peddling regardless of reality, engineering, or science.

And yes the 392 is the only true performance off road machine (Raptor & TRX are strictly desert runners). Driving the 392 I get the nostalgic feeling I haven't experienced since selling my LS powered FJ45. Nothing sold today gives my that feeling. I put a '03 4.6 Terminator in my '68 Bronco to get that feeling. I saw another guy paid to have a EB built with an Eco-joke and sold it within 2 weeks of picking it up. Ford completely missed the boat sticking to the Eco-joke. My friend that has had every Raptor model, can not stand his Eco-joke Raptor compared to his 6.2 Raptor.

Last edited:

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
Agree 100%!

Bronco V6 Vs Wrangler V6 are apples and oranges. One is forced induction and the other is naturally asperated. Like comparing a naturally asperated V8 to a forced induction V8. I was a Ford guy my whole life btw until they started shoving the Eco-Joke line down our throat's. I tried them and they are nothing more than Planned Obsolescence trash. I'll never own anything with an Eco-joke again.

Now if you believe everything you read, you are in for a world of hurt. The press is nothing but puppets to the highest bidder these days. It's like I've teleported to the book 1984 for people brainlessly regurgitate whatever they are told and question nothing. The media is promoting whatever the Manufacturers and Government are peddling regardless of reality, engineering, or science.

And yes the 392 is the only true performance off road machine (Raptor & TRX are strictly desert runners). Driving the 392 I get the nostalgic feeling I haven't experienced since selling my LS powered FJ45. Nothing sold today gives my that feeling. I put a '03 4.6 Terminator in my '68 Bronco to get that feeling. Ford completely missed the boat sticking to the Eco-joke. My friend that has had every Raptor model, can not stand his Eco-joke Raptor compared to his 6.2 Raptor.
The world needs more diesels.

Sponsored

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel & 2021 392
I call BS. The one review they did the kid lied out of his rear, claiming the Bronco is roomier on the inside. I've been in both and the Bronco is on the Ranger chassis. It is a sardine can inside just like the Ranger. Our Gladiator and 392 has miles more room throughout the inside. The Jeep like the original icons Scouts, Broncos, and FJ40 are not built on a sub-compact chassis. The Bronco is closer in size to a Suzuki Samurai than a Wrangler. It's a really cool Bronco ii with a turbo charged lawn mower motor and EB styling cues.

N875ED

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Iā€™m at the EAA air show in Oshkosh this week, and Ford is a major sponsor. They have all their new stuff here, including about a half-dozen Broncos.

My observation: They look good, but they are basically a mid-size SUV. They simply donā€™t have the unique character of the Wrangler. From the side , it looks like an 80% scale Excursion.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I bet that Raptor is PITA to keep under control ... have controlled slideouts/drifts. Too front heavy and overall heavy.

Used to do that stuff in my 5spd Outback in the winter...was very predictable. Now with with explorer 3.5 EcoBoost it's a handfull keep it under controll when having fun.

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I havenā€™t read this entire thread or anything but wanted to simply add my $0.02ā€¦

I absolutely love my nearly stock 2019 JLUR 3.6/8A and after almost 20 months of ownership Iā€™m still excited to drive it everyday. It has taken me on some fun trails, a few long-distance excusions to a couple of national parks and has performed beautifully in its primary role as my DD/grocery getter/occasional kid hauler.

While Iā€™m really glad as a consumer that Ford has entered this segment of the market with what appears to be an outstanding product in the Bronco, my love and appreciation for this incarnation of the Wrangler isnā€™t fading.

They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Even the most die-hard blue oval loyalists would have to concede that the Bronco engineers clearly drew ā€œsignificant inspirationā€ from the JL/JLU in designing 6th Gen Bronco. Kudos to Ford for challenging Jeep and making my next Wrangler even better.

DE57F196-A1DB-43A8-B4B8-F64E053311ED.jpeg
Sponsored