Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Please help me undewrstand. I am having a hard time with your useful posts.
Very well...

You told someone to do their research...

Then you said you didn't bother researching what a Prius Prime is nor how a 4Xe worked...

I pointed that out and now you're acting like you need a safe space.

tenor (11).gif
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
That's a valid point. Despite all the issues TFL had with its first 2 Defenders, they swear it is one of the most capable off-road vehicles right out of the box on the market right now.

But, IMO, it is difficult to take Defender seriously as an off-road vehicle based on its posh looks.

Also, it doesn't help Defender's credibility when the only way to get a winch on it is through the dealer...for an eye-watering five grand!
Jeep Wrangler JL Car & Driver track tests 3.6L Wrangler vs. 2.7L and 2.3L Broncos tenor (11)
But.....not bad for a rebadged Honda Element!!! ;)

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I don't understand how you can still say this when Jeep has given us a v6, turbo, diesel, hybrid, and v8. What else do people want?
Ok that's fair. My thoughts are the 2.0L is the future for Wrangler and will make up the highest percentage of sales. The V6 is an antique and will go away soon (my opinion). The other options are great but make up far less in numbers. I have the 2.0L and I love my JL & would buy it again. My point is if the "efficient" offering was simply a tad larger many more would have willingly gone with it over the V6 with the silly etorque.. The Ranger weighs the same as my JL and paired with the 2.3L felt much more powerful and more enjoyable under foot.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Very well...

You told someone to do their research...

Then you said you didn't bother researching what a Prius Prime is nor how a 4Xe worked...

I pointed that out and now you're acting like you need a safe space.

Jeep Wrangler JL Car & Driver track tests 3.6L Wrangler vs. 2.7L and 2.3L Broncos tenor (11)
When I told someone to do their research, it was in regards to how our powergrid system is not up to par for a full on EV switch. There is a lot of work that will take much longer to complete than would take car manufacturers to make the switch.
An example(maybe a dumb one) would be something like say 1080p television. The TV's were out way before the networks could make the changes. At some point, the changes were made but they were a bit down the road. Those changes were complete overhauls.

Now here comes you seemingly angry about me not knowing or even caring about what a prius prime is. I was under the impression the 4xe was a plug in that gave you only 25~miles on electric then once dead the 2.0 took over as a full gas engine. I had no idea at the time of the post that it was a full on PHEV as another member pointed out to me. Thus lead me to do my research on the 4xe.

I just wanted to thank you for all your super helpful posts. Lots of greatness going on there.
As for the safe space... Not sure what that is. Maybe you can show me yours?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ok that's fair. My thoughts are the 2.0L is the future for Wrangler and will make up the highest percentage of sales. The V6 is an antique and will go away soon (my opinion). The other options are great but make up far less in numbers. I have the 2.0L and I love my JL & would buy it again. My point is if the "efficient" offering was simply a tad larger many more would have willingly gone with it over the V6 with the silly etorque.. The Ranger weighs the same as my JL and paired with the 2.3L felt much more powerful and more enjoyable under foot.
This makes me wish they had gone with the 310 Hp tune for the 3.6 that the Ram 1500 gets instead of the 285.

Sponsored

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This review is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Who cares about how fast an off-roader can go! How about an offroad review instead?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When I told someone to do their research, it was in regards to how our powergrid system is not up to par for a full on EV switch. There is a lot of work that will take much longer to complete than would take car manufacturers to make the switch.
An example(maybe a dumb one) would be something like say 1080p television. The TV's were out way before the networks could make the changes. At some point, the changes were made but they were a bit down the road. Those changes were complete overhauls.

Now here comes you seemingly angry about me not knowing or even caring about what a prius prime is. I was under the impression the 4xe was a plug in that gave you only 25~miles on electric then once dead the 2.0 took over as a full gas engine. I had no idea at the time of the post that it was a full on PHEV as another member pointed out to me. Thus lead me to do my research on the 4xe.

I just wanted to thank you for all your super helpful posts. Lots of greatness going on there.
As for the safe space... Not sure what that is. Maybe you can show me yours?
And yet 32 minutes ago You still claimed you didn't know what either one was. Research done? none... But like I pointed out earlier, we're beating a dead horse here.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
This review is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Who cares about how fast an off-roader can go! How about an offroad review instead?
Why not have both? I would like a street legal factory KOH car.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They claim the difference is in the air intake.
That's their usual reasoning, lol. Back in the day with the 3.5 liter V6 the Front drive version had 15 Hp less than the rear drive version. Intake Manifold differences was the reason.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Anyone else scouring the webs for actual off road Bronco footage that isn't put on by Ford?
I can't find anything worthy.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Anyone else scouring the webs for actual off road Bronco footage that isn't put on by Ford?
@Outrun and @Sean L, this has gotten old. Please take it to a PM.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is the only thing I've seen so far that hasn't been at a Ford event. TFL owns a Bronco First Edition now so I expect they'll have something out on it soon.