Sponsored

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
You’re not wrong but spreading the load out is way more important than increasing peak capacity.
For now, yes, but some people seem to think that 200 kwh batteries that can charge in 5 minutes will be in cars eventually... And then what do we do lol. Super giant capacitor banks everywhere!
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Anyone who uses “The grid can’t handle it” as for why electric cars aren’t feasible hasn’t done any research. Engineering explained has a fantastic video, it is long so the gist of it is this: When air conditioning started becoming affordable in the 40’s and 50’s, did we just say “the grid can’t handle it?” and abandon the technology? Nope, we figured it out. Same thing will happen with electric cars.
Quote from 1902: "The oil well capacity can't handle the new-fangled horseless carriages".

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They're comparing a brand new 2-Door Ford Bronco to a three year old 4-door Jeep Wrangler in the acceleration test. Not a fair comparison in my book.

Best,
-Tim
Worse yet, the Wrangler’s 3.6 has been putting out the same 285 hp/260 tq for 10 years now!

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I think Jeep would be better to do a hybrid more like a Prius and then keep the 392. Having so many engines seems trivial.
The 4xe is a hybrid like a prius prime? I swear people think plug-in hybrid means it has to be plugged in or the electric motor will only work if you plug it in.

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
They acknowledge they've pulled faster 0-60 times out of a 2 door Wrangler with the V6, and also that there are two other engine options for the Wrangler that are both faster than the Bronco offerings.

Yeah I don't see how this wasn't included up front as it's fairly relevant to the test... The fastest out of all of them is a 2 door manual 3.6 jeep....

They should have used those numbers against the two door manual bronco (both have base engine offering, so it's relevant).

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
I never even thought about quarter mile drag times or 0 - 60 MPH times when I ordered a 2021 Wrangler JL. I really do not anticipate taking it to the local drag strip or even racing stop light to stop light. It will be going 4 - 10 MPH on 4X4 trails in the Cascades and other places so I was much more interested in gear ratios, clearance and Lockers...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Same thing as the C&D comparing unlike tire sizes. And that Bronco has aftermarket 35’s so it has either 3.73 or 4.27 gears not the 4.7’s that come with Sasquatch Broncos.
The Jeep in the video quoted is not on stock tires either and likely 3.45 gears. It's a fair comparison. The Bronco engines are more than adequate but given the hype given they're a bit of a let down. Comparable power to a Wrangler and worse gas mileage isn't a good mix.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
I think we all need to come to a consensus about which window we will use to post our dial in times.

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Worse yet, the Wrangler’s 3.6 has been putting out the same 285 hp/260 tq for 10 years now!
So genuinely curious, why does the motor need any more power? The engine is ample for the vehicle IMHO. As a daily driver where I routinely am on a highway at 70/80mph, I've never had an issue with power. If anything, improve the MPGs but it doesn't need to do a HP war with Ford in my book.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I had no idea the V6 Wrangler was so quick! Mostly because nobody really buys a Wrangler or Bronco for speed. Anybody hung up on this numbers comparison has completely missed the point of both vehicles IMO.

I stopped at the Ford dealer to check on my new truck order yesterday. They had a new 4 dr Bronco on the show floor (sold sign on the windshield). Looks cool. My wife just looked at it and told me she loves her Jeep. Funny, she didn't ask if the Bronco was faster...

jeep-v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
Well, we just drove Bronco 2.3T Soft top with Off road package. Feels like you are driving a semi. Very truck-ish feel. Huge and chunky. 2.3L engine is too small for it. Our Rubicon 2.0T feels like a polished product when compared to Bronco. Once you get it going steady - it is ok ride. Steering is good, but our Rubicon had no issue with steering either - I drive it with one hand most of the time and have no dead spot at all.

Perhaps the best way to describe the experience: "Please go ahead and test drive new Bronco, so you would appreciate your Wrangler even more"

Last edited:

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Even if you love the Bronco, a lot of people are going to go with a Wrangler because they can get them now. I'm just not that patient - who wants to suffer 2 more summers with a roof and doors?...
That's me with two thumbs. About a year ago, I was dead set to get a Bronco, but after seeing the leaked pics and reading about the delays, I thought, "I'm not waiting for that," and started looking for a Wrangler.

I know the kids like to say YOLO (You Only Love Once), but my coworker buds came ups with YOLEDO (You Only Live Each Day Once) to better emphasize the fleeting temporal aspect of life.

YOLEDO, so make it a good one.
Sponsored