Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
This just in, a V6 with twin-turbocharges has more power than a V6 without them.
Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I loved their justification.
"remember that the two-door Bronco is much larger than the two-door Wrangler"

So... You refuse to accept reality and choose to substitute your own. Gotcha.
Not in the article "The Jeep is faster, should we add a trailer with some weight to it so it's fair to the Bronco?"

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The performance disparity has more to do with transmissions than anything else. Put the ZF 8 speed behind the 2.7 EB and the results would be completely different. The Ford/GM 10 speed is the definition of a slush box. A truly ho hum transmission programmed for comfort rather than performance. I have driven many vehicles with that transmission and find myself underwhelmed each time. I like to feel a transmission shift.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The problem, IMO, with both the Bronco and the Defender is they look too cutesy. With the Wrangler we've seen a gradual evolution of looks - and they've always looked aggressively styled. Because of the lapse in production, the other two jumped from badass-looking to "adorable" without the benefit of getting us used to the metamorphosis. [not that I would have]

Last edited:

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Just sold my Honda two weeks ago. When it was stock, I saw 156 MPH on the speedometer.
Cool story bro, you missed the joke. I did 155 in my integra back in the day too. Took about 10 years to get there but it happenedšŸ¤£

The point is, people try to go fast in vehicles that 100% not designed to do so all the time. The hemi wrangler is no different.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Cool story bro, you missed the joke. I did 155 in my integra back in the day too. Took about 10 years to get there but it happenedšŸ¤£

The point is, people try to go fast in vehicles that 100% not designed to do so all the time. The hemi wrangler is no different.
No, I got it. It just wasn't a good joke. Certainly not emoji worthy.

There are a few Hondas designed to go fast, just like how there are a few Fords designed to go fast too.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I donā€™t know why itā€™s so hard to compare like for like.

They are comparing a Bronco on 35ā€™s Vs. a Wrangler on 32ā€™s. Why donā€™t they use a badlands on 33ā€™s vs a rubicon on 33ā€™s? And obviously when the Recon Xtreme package comes out do 35ā€™s vs 35ā€™s.

I do know this for sure based on my experience and everything Iā€™ve seen so far. Ford definitely limits the output from a dead stop, probably to protect the drivetrain. I thought it was just because the Bronco I drove didnā€™t have sport mode, but everything Iā€™ve seen is from 0-5 MPH the Bronco is a bit slow. It really picks up after that.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Car & Driver cracks me up with their complete lack of comprehension of what these vehicles are for. Like, here is our in depth comparison of how these mountain bikes perform in the Tour De France.
...who cares? That's not the right tool for the job.
Car and Driver's collective brains have been washed from decades of doing these track tests. So they will continue to do them, even after cars start to fly!

Having said that, more than one journalist has shown his lack of knowledge with anything offroad on several occasions. I remember one particular article where the writer was "marveled" at seeing the low tire pressure, locker and swaybar disconnect warning lights flashing, and he had to explain to his readers how that was "a good thing" on the trail.

I am sure there will be people who buy a Bronco based on tests results like these. I say let them do it; they will all be at the mall, anyway.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
When Ford comes out with a time machine Iā€™ll consider giving up my Jeep. Until thenā€¦
Ford is working on it. But apparently the supplier ran out of chips...

šŸ˜«

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
They acknowledge they've pulled faster 0-60 times out of a 2 door Wrangler with the V6, and also that there are two other engine options for the Wrangler that are both faster than the Bronco offerings.

Even though the V-6 Bronco narrowly beats either Wrangler variant, the Jeep punches back in a few ways. First, we've coaxed a two-door V-6 manual Wrangler to 60 mph in a Bronco-beating 6.0 seconds. Plus, there are other options, such as the plug-in-hybrid 4xe, which, at 5.5 seconds to 60 mph, beats either of our tested Broncos. Then there's the Wrangler's new V-8, an option that Ford claims that the Bronco will never be offered with. The 470-hp Rubicon 392 promises to drop that 60-mph time down to the mid-4s.
Sponsored