Sponsored

Car buying blues

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just wondering how many of you all also suffer from this. I think lately my enthusiasm for cars has been dying and I'm also susceptible to buyers-remorse pretty easily, it doesn't matter whether I get the best deal possible or don't get a deal either way I end up regretting the decision for awhile even though at the time of buying whatever it is I'm super happy, once the purchase is done it's immediate sadness for who knows how long lol....

I just recently I picked up a JLUR, I spent the last few weeks browsing all kinds of inventory and test driving before I finally decided on a Wrangler because all the other trucks and SUV's just felt bland to me. I found one I really liked and went for it, it's been 24 hours and I'm already regretting it. This is also my first Jeep, or first SUV at all for that matter. I'm usually a sports car type and since my first car at 17 I've always been into seeking out quick cars and modding, taking part in car clubs/meets/cruises and what not but over the last couple years I've been gradually disconnecting from the car communities and now all I can think about are the consequences of being dumb with a sports car and how having so much horsepower is pointless. I'm coming from a 2019 Mustang GT that I thought I would be my forever-car however I found myself unhappy with it. I'm coming up to the big 30, part of me wonders if I'm just starting to get older and boring lol.....
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Just wondering how many of you all also suffer from this. I think lately my enthusiasm for cars has been dying and I'm also susceptible to buyers-remorse pretty easily, it doesn't matter whether I get the best deal possible or don't get a deal either way I end up regretting the decision for awhile even though at the time of buying whatever it is I'm super happy, once the purchase is done it's immediate sadness for who knows how long lol....

I just recently I picked up a JLUR, I spent the last few weeks browsing all kinds of inventory and test driving before I finally decided on a Wrangler because all the other trucks and SUV's just felt bland to me. I found one I really liked and went for it, it's been 24 hours and I'm already regretting it. This is also my first Jeep, or first SUV at all for that matter. I'm usually a sports car type and since my first car at 17 I've always been into seeking out quick cars and modding, taking part in car clubs/meets/cruises and what not but over the last couple years I've been gradually disconnecting from the car communities and now all I can think about are the consequences of being dumb with a sports car and how having so much horsepower is pointless. I'm coming from a 2019 Mustang GT that I thought I would be my forever-car however I found myself unhappy with it. I'm coming up to the big 30, part of me wonders if I'm just starting to get older and boring lol.....
Hope you have a better outlook with women!

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hope you have a better outlook with women!
I'm married, maybe that's my problem LOL
But really though I wish I could just find a car I'd be happy with long-term, I'm hoping I'll find some enthusiasm again once I get the Wrangler off-road.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I get buyers remorse easily too. I had it for a couple months after I bought my JL in November 2019 and still sometimes even now. Not because I didn’t love it but because I was like, “why do I need a gas guzzling impracticable car? Why an off roader when I don’t off road? What am I doing??”

I had a TJ once and always knew I would get another Jeep I just thought it would be like a second car or something. But my JL is my only car, my daily driver and it’s so much fun to drive STILL. I’m doing a 3 hour drive up north every Saturday now, so that’s over 6 hours I’m driving in one day and I actually look forward to it because my Jeep is so fun. On the way back home I put the top down and it’s such a pleasure to drive the 3 hours back home. I don’t put the top down on the way up because I don’t want the sun beating down on me for 3 hours.

I’m so happy I have my Jeep because any other car I know I would be dreading the 6 hour drive. My Jeep is so fun! And everybody loves it.

Ive had buyers remorse after every car I’ve ever purchased, even my first Jeep. You probably will always feel a tinge of it, I still do sometimes so I totally get where you’re coming from. But I love my Jeep, it makes me so happy so I know it was the right choice for me.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm married, maybe that's my problem LOL
But really though I wish I could just find a car I'd be happy with long-term, I'm hoping I'll find some enthusiasm again once I get the Wrangler off-road.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I used to be like that. I think for me it was the thrill "of the hunt" meaning the wheeling and dealing and getting to the final deal. Arm wrestling...if you will. About 2 weeks after taking delivery...bored to death. So I have spent so much money trading (some 6 months old) that in retrospect I could have owned my entire carribean island. 45 new cars since 1970. I have 5 now!

Find something good to distract you (not a girlfriend in your case!) lol

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I can't recall having blues like that and I've bought many cars over 40 years. Considering you traded a 2019 car for another new model, maybe part of it is being 30. That ain't old but each decade hits people differently. My spouse had a hard time turning 30 but no issue with 40 or 50.

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I used to be like that. I think for me it was the thrill "of the hunt" meaning the wheeling and dealing and getting to the final deal. Arm wrestling...if you will. About 2 weeks after taking delivery...bored to death. So I have spent so much money trading (some 6 months old) that in retrospect I could have owned my entire carribean island. 45 new cars since 1970. I have 5 now!

Find something good to distract you (not a girlfriend in your case!) lol
I can relate to this, I like going from dealer to dealer driving everything and seeing who works with me the best. But then after the purchase I'm just kinda like "uhhhhh now what...."

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I get buyers remorse easily too. I had it for a couple months after I bought my JL in November 2019 and still sometimes even now. Not because I didn’t love it but because I was like, “why do I need a gas guzzling impracticable car? Why an off roader when I don’t off road? What am I doing??”

I had a TJ once and always knew I would get another Jeep I just thought it would be like a second car or something. But my JL is my only car, my daily driver and it’s so much fun to drive STILL. I’m doing a 3 hour drive up north every Saturday now, so that’s over 6 hours I’m driving in one day and I actually look forward to it because my Jeep is so fun. On the way back home I put the top down and it’s such a pleasure to drive the 3 hours back home. I don’t put the top down on the way up because I don’t want the sun beating down on me for 3 hours.

I’m so happy I have my Jeep because any other car I know I would be dreading the 6 hour drive. My Jeep is so fun! And everybody loves it.

Ive had buyers remorse after every car I’ve ever purchased, even my first Jeep. You probably will always feel a tinge of it, I still do sometimes so I totally get where you’re coming from. But I love my Jeep, it makes me so happy so I know it was the right choice for me.
Yup, exactly how I feel. When I drive it though I feel better about it all. Not driving it and those feelings of remorse start returning like "what was I thinking..." lol
Sponsored