No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The story is disingenuous as all hell, frankly. It should be "scrubbed" due to that. It's unclear if this is willful or just ignorance on C&Ds part.
Wow that was fast. Thank you for proving my point
Sponsored

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
Wow that was fast. Thank you for proving my point
Proving what point? I mean, you can simply look at the discussion on price. It's incredibly disingenuous since it doesn't compare an apples-to-apples Wrangler. I've read C&D for 25+ years. Love the publication; this is just bad journalism.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
One of the selling points for me was the extra weight... plenty of other media outlets say what I have observed while test driving. The extra weight helps with the odd highway steering wandering feel.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Scrubbing and banning ideas that you donā€™t agree with is pretty scary. Car magazines are critics they review vehicles pluses and minuses. If somebody prints a negative article about 392 wrangler can I complain and have that scrubbed as well? Censorship is a dangerous place. Free ideas and open debate is the only way to truth.

alpha1847

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Or just to avoid wheelspin.
Guessing it's just a brief reduction in the electric motor power. That 170ft/lb delta from the electric motor is fully available from 0 rpm. So, multiplied by the low first gear of the 8spd and the final axle drive ratio puts a lot of torque down at the wheels at launch.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
These reviews have to be taken by the Wrangler enthusiast with a "grain of salt."

With the exception of some comments on its integration of both power plants when driving--and in fairness Stellantis can certainly improve upon this model in future model years in such criticism is in fact warranted--one overriding lack of consideration in this, in fact in nearly all articles is that...

it's a Wrangler!

And with that comes certain amazing attributes like open air feel that few other vehicles can lay claim to, along with an experience that isn't, nor does anybody expect to be on par with driving a Lexus.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
The story is disingenuous as all hell, frankly. It should be "scrubbed" due to that. It's unclear if this is willful or just ignorance on C&Ds part.
Hitlerā€¦

Whew! Just had to get that out there. Now I feel better.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
If the batteries are adding 800 pounds to a wrangler, whatā€™s the 4xeā€™s payload?

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
If the batteries are adding 800 pounds to a wrangler, whatā€™s the 4xeā€™s payload?
It's about the same as the garden wrangler. The GVWR increases to 6200lbs. This is why we're all waiting around (weighting around?:-D) for lift kits with stiffer springs to go with the increased GVWR.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
To an extent, yes. But then they get into the price. I priced out a nearly identical spec'd Sahara as my Sahara 4xe. My 4xe MSRP'd for only $2,800 higher than the 2.0 Sahara. Same packages, same paint, same everything (for the most part).

The $7,500 tax credit obviously more than makes up that gap.

The talk about some $10,750 premium is pretty much a bunch of BS and I'm not sure how that ever escaped editing before it was published.

Hell, when you spec out nearly identical trim Rubicons, the difference in price is about $5,250. Again, the tax credit eats that difference up.
If I were comparing an entry level Rubi and entry level Rubi 4xe, the Jeep site shows a difference of $10, 460 in the two MSRPs.

Not everyone qualifies for the tax credit, nor is it guaranteed. I think it is correct to leave it out of the direct comparison, and to the author's credit he references it parenthetically.

Last edited:

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
If I were comparing an entry level Rubi and entry level Rubi 4xe, the Jeep site shows a difference of $10, 460 in the two MSRPs.

Not everyone qualifies for the tax credit, nor is it guaranteed. I think it is correct to leave it out of the direct comparison, and to the authors credit he references it parenthetically.
The tax credit is only part of the equation. The 4XE comes with a bunch of options like LED headlights that most who spec a rubicon or Sahara trim will want. When you compare apples to apples (same options) then price difference is like $2500 for Sahara and $5k for Rubicon. If tax credit applies, 4XE cheaper but even if not, price difference is much less than the article states (1/4 to 1/2 the amount the article quotes). What is written is arguably ā€œtrueā€ but far from an accurate picture. This is why I call it misleading.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.