Canyon Lands Off Road Tire Pressure Recommendation

kneverett

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara Wrangler JL 2018
Hi folks, relatively new to the Jeep community having purchased my Sahara JLU 2018 within the past year. I will be making a trip to Moab in Feb and plan to spend a bit of time off road in Canyon Lands and perhaps Arches. My primary purpose is to do landscape photography (check out my IG account @kneverett for samples from other National Parks). I'll actually be renting a Jeep for the trip, since I'm flying into Utah from TN. The rental is described as "Fullsize Open Air All-Terrain Vehicle Jeep Wrangler Unlimited or similar". I assume it will be essentially a stock vehicle. I don't plan on hitting any difficult or extreme off road trails. I'll certainly do the Shafer Road Trail, likely the Long Canyon Route and perhaps the Seven Mile Rim Route or Monitor & Merrimac Trail.

It's my understanding that while traveling off road I should use a lower tire pressure. Based upon the trails cited above, what would you recommend as a good tire pressure during my off road segments? Eventually I'll drive my own Jeep out there. But that might be 2-3 years in the future.

Ken
Sponsored