Can't regulate heater temperature

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Hi, I have a 2018 JL Unlimited. I'm having an issue controlling the heat temperature. From 71 to 85 it blows the same super hot temperature then after about 30 minutes on say 74 it only blows cool air and I have to keep raising the temp one degree to get heat to come out again. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
Sponsored

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
It is painful trying to get the temperature to regulate properly. One minute sweating my balls off then gets chilly..My JK had the temp dial and it was stupid simple to dial in the temperature...

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Has anyone taken their's in for service? I'm anticipating them telling me "we can't recreate the problem." Am I crazy or does it seem to be just one really hot temp regardless of 74 or 84? Then, why does it go to only cool air after about 20-30 minutes? I keep thinking maybe its overheating itself and shutting off?

Sponsored

Rishsd

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I have not taken it to the dealer for this issue, My dealer would just tell me "its a jeep thing"...

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Has anyone taken their's in for service? I'm anticipating them telling me "we can't recreate the problem." Am I crazy or does it seem to be just one really hot temp regardless of 74 or 84? Then, why does it go to only cool air after about 20-30 minutes? I keep thinking maybe its overheating itself and shutting off?
I don't have the auto temp in my Sport, but I'm guessing it's the Jeep trying to regulate the temp based on the input from the thermometer that's some place within the cabin. Just a guess.

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
They better not tell me its a Jeep thing. I will be beyond pissed. This is my third Jeep and I've never had this issue before, but as technology advances, the problems increase.

Grey fox, I thought it might be a thermostat mis-calculating too, so I rolled all the windows down and it was 46 outside and it still put out only cool air for about 5 minutes. I just gave up and rolled the windows back up at that point. I don't think that would explain why it puts out such hot air for the first 20-30 minutes though. I'll think about it a bit more though. Thanks

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i do not have that issue at all. but a guess would be the sensor connection is loose to the temperature sensor or its failing in general. the only problem with taking it is in no one is gonna sit in the jeep for an hour to figure its heating cycle out.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Same issue here. Jeep thing or not, something as simple as maintaining a desired temperature is child's play for even the cheapest of vehicles I've owned or rented. That a $45-60k vehicle cannot do it is absurd and near criminal....

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
I'm pretty sure there were a few threads in the Issues, Repairs section of the forum. Something involving a re-programming.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Yep:like: I actually hate that auto feature. I've had it in other vehicles and I'm no fan. I can control my own temperature with the dials:rock:
Ya, I don’t always agree simpler is better but this is something automation isn’t needed at all.
Sponsored