Cant order remote proximity without half doors on any trim level

bbuilder49

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sting Gray JL
Tried from home and the dealership. The dealer called his rep and they said its a bug but no progress and I cant order until its fixed, anyone else ran into this lately ?
Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
You're able to order the remote proximity on the 80th anniversary, Sahara and the Rubicon. All other models make you choose the half door option for almost 4 grand.

I've always thought this was strange but Jeep does like to keep certain options available only on some trim levels.

Like the front trail camera is only available on Sahara or Rubicon. Or painted fenders can't be had on all trim levels. Or the painted hard top. Or the Sky-One Touch Top. Figured it was just a Jeep thing.

But when I look at the comparison of different Wrangler Models on the Jeep website it shows the Remote-Keyless Proximity Entry is available for every model except for the Right Hand Drive model. Doesn't say anything about needed to order the half door to get it.

Last edited:

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Maz CX-5, 80th Anniv JL 2-Dr (ordered)
You're able to order the remote proximity on the 80th anniversary, Sahara and the Rubicon. All other models make you choose the half door option for almost 4 grand..................................................
I've always thought this was strange but Jeep does like to keep certain options available only on some trim levels.

But when I look at the comparison of different Wrangler Models on the Jeep website it shows the Remote-Keyless Proximity Entry is available for every model except for the Right Hand Drive model. Doesn't say anything about needed to order the half door to get it.
I'm finding exactly the same thing on Remote-Proximity. I'm in the final stages (ordering today) of spec'ing out an 80th anniversary 2 Dr and being told I need to order the dual door group, despite all building tools I've used (including jeep.com) allowing it. It's just crazy. I can't think of any logic except that they're low on Proximity components and want to restrict it to higher end buyers....

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
It looks like the order guide is wrong as well because I can't find these restrictions or requirements on it. The only thing I noticed was that the base dual door group includes Remote Keyless Entry, not remote proximity. Makes me think they only make 1 version of half doors and they have the electronics for both keyless and proximity. This would make sense why a base sport can get keyless & proximity by ordering half doors, but not get it with the standard full doors since the full doors on a base sport don't have keyless or proximity.

This still doesn't make sense why you can't get proximity with an 80th edition because it already has the keyless ability.

OP
OP

bbuilder49

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sting Gray JL
There are jeeps out there with almost my same build with remote proximity and no half doors, I pulled one up and sent it to my dealer. He is thinking its a glitch and he is still waiting on his rep to get back with him. Hopefully I can order on monday. The rep also said they have been getting lots of calls on this and are thinking its a mistake also.