sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased the ARB 50 fridge and took it to a 4x4 aftermarket shop to have the fridge slide installed and the mechanic said he could not instal it. not enough good anchor points. we were trying to install it on the left hand side of the rear cargo area towards the tailgate. we had the rear seats out. Has anyone had any luck installing the fridge slide? can you let me know how you did it or add pics? thanks!
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
This was on my list of things to do. Hope someone has a solution.

Subscribed.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
My only suggestion is to place the ARB fridge slide behind the front seats(rear seats out)--

Then you should have access to the cooler from either the drivers/passengers side, this is how I didit on my '
'08 JIUR-

Of course there was a lot more room, but SINCE YOUVE ALREADY BOUGHT IT, you could try my suggestion-

If you have to re-install the rear seays---you have to remove just the fridge-

Otherwise, have a great day

JIMBO

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Build an elevated platform?

OP
OP
sarum87

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Put some 3/4 inch plywood down and am working on securing it to the anchor points on the floor then install fridge slide onto the wood.

Sponsored

Setanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2001 TJ. and now a 2020 Gladiator Sport S.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Put some 3/4 inch plywood down and am working on securing it to the anchor points on the floor then install fridge slide onto the wood.

Setanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed an ARB 50 LTR in a four door while retaining the back seats.
I tried to put mine on 3/4 plywood and an ARB slide and with about 1/2 clearance for the rear door latch the top edge of the fridge contacts the seat backs so rear seats wont go back far enough to latch. Any suggestion welcome.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Has anyone installed an ARB 50 LTR in a four door while retaining the back seats.
I tried to put mine on 3/4 plywood and an ARB slide and with about 1/2 clearance for the rear door latch the top edge of the fridge contacts the seat backs so rear seats wont go back far enough to latch. Any suggestion welcome.
Mine just fits without the ply wood and with some interference with the mopar tail gate table.

I wonder if the extra height and rake of the seat is enough to cause an issue, I just strap mine to the factory d rings in 4 places it was fine in Moab with all the pitch and drops.

Setanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just fits without the ply wood and with some interference with the mopar tail gate table.

I wonder if the extra height and rake of the seat is enough to cause an issue, I just strap mine to the factory d rings in 4 places it was fine in Moab with all the pitch and drops.
I think it is the extra height that the ply and the slide give it combined with the angle that the seats lay. In order to mount it on the slide the ply is sorta necessary without drilling into the cargo area floor which I am not willing to do ....Wisconsin winter salt roads.

Sponsored

Setanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I moved the Fridge to the Passenger side of the cargo area and move it an inch or so rearward and its all good now.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order

Could you please snap a pic of how you secured it to the D rings? Thanks!!
Sponsored