First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello fellow Jeepers!

I'm having a hard time settling on a lift kit for my 2019 Bikini Rubicon. I know that I want a 2.5" kit to clear 37's. She is my daily driver and want to maintain on-road handling and gain off-road clearance for my weekend trips.

Here are the options i'm considering.

Metalcloak 2.5" true duel rate lift kit with rocksport shocks
https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-2-5-true-dual-rate-suspension-system-lift-kit.html

Rock Krawler 2.5 adventure series with Fox 2.0 series shocks
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...n-adventure-series-1-system-lift-kit-w-shocks

Mopar 2.0" Lift
These are all priced around the same so just looking for the best over all kit. Was going to go Mopar, but i'm concerned because of the spring bow and I heard the spring sag over time.

Thanks for all your input.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’m a little biased but my vote if for metalcloak. I’m sure they will have a 10% off code for the 4th with free shipping. I benefit zero financially saying this so please understand it’s because I believe in their product and it’s performance.

The rock krawler is an excellent lift as well but with the MC you’re getting a rear track bar vs a bracket, bump stops and rear sway bar links.

Stay away from the mopar lift. You’ll need to buy to many parts to be compatible to the other two that it doesn’t pencil out at all.

Any questions, please let me know. I won’t sell you a lift but want to help with your decision however we can!

Brett

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
RK or MC can’t go wrong either way, don’t do Mopar, I started out on one., and was one of the first ones to correct it in my area. If you add parts to square it up and stretch it out it will work but for me was to limited on shock travel and articulation. Just don’t get the same bang for your buck........ my .02.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Other option is Synergy.

Since I wanted only 2” lift and not higher For my 2 door, I went with their Stage 1 (2” lift, which is a true 2” for the Rubicon), and added the sector shaft brace, rear adj track bar (in addition to the included track bar relocation brackets), front sway bar links, and steering kit. Added Fox IFP shocks and stabilizer.

Well made parts, and the replacement costs for tie rods sold me on the Synergy. Plus, I prefer the grey finish to the shiny MetalCloak.

I installed the brace, front and rear track bars and the rear track bar bracket, plus the sector shaft, and so far i am pleased. The steering and handling improved significantl, and I’m eager to complete the rest of the lift kit.

Sponsored

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
Can't go wrong with MC. I went with 2.5" Icon Stage 2 with adjustable trackbar. The ride is close to stock and that's what I wanted. Look up some reviews on YouTube.

Fits my 37s great! I have them tucked under the fenders.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can't decided on a Lift IMG_1566

Jeep Wrangler JL Can't decided on a Lift IMG_1570

Jeep Wrangler JL Can't decided on a Lift IMG_1567

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Other option is Synergy.

Since I wanted only 2” lift and not higher For my 2 door, I went with their Stage 1 (2” lift, which is a true 2” for the Rubicon), and added the sector shaft brace, rear adj track bar (in addition to the included track bar relocation brackets), front sway bar links, and steering kit. Added Fox IFP shocks and stabilizer.

Well made parts, and the replacement costs for tie rods sold me on the Synergy. Plus, I prefer the grey finish to the shiny MetalCloak.

I installed the brace, front and rear track bars and the rear track bar bracket, plus the sector shaft, and so far i am pleased. The steering and handling improved significantl, and I’m eager to complete the rest of the lift kit.
I wonder how the synergy 2” springs would be with the MC arms and track bars.

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
They are both multi/dual rate coils so I would imagine that it would be a good combination. Some times the Franken Lift is the best performer.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I installed the Mopar lift. No bowing or sagging yet.

One thing I noticed though is that its a domino effect as I get into it.
I added Rock Krawler track bars and im now looking at adjustable
control arms.

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
They are both multi/dual rate coils so I would imagine that it would be a good combination. Some times the Franken Lift is the best performer.
Well then I also wonder if the MC arms can go short enough for the 2” synergy springs.
Maybe someone with the 2.5” kit can estimate how much shorter their arms will go.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to go the opposite route. I have the rear track bar and 8 control arms from Synergy, used to support the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" starter lift. I need more lift now, so I ordered the Metalcloak 3.5" dual rate coils, 6-packs, sway links, and shock relocation brackets.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I'm about to go the opposite route. I have the rear track bar and 8 control arms from Synergy, used to support the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" starter lift. I need more lift now, so I ordered the Metalcloak 3.5" dual rate coils, 6-packs, sway links, and shock relocation brackets.
Interesting. Do you hate gollllllld?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Do you hate gollllllld?
No, I have nothing against the zinc. Most of it is out of sight until you lean in and start really looking. I just don't want to pull out more parts, than what's needed, to get the extra lift height.

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
Other option is Synergy.

Synergy is quality. Super happy with my Stage 2.
Sponsored