Can't decide what Color JL/JLU Plasti Dip the entire Jeep

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
good to know the clear coat fixes the gas issue. When I say gas melts it I'm not saying it damages it or is simply hard on it.. what I'm saying is it will basically smudge/smear/wipe off instantly on contact, basically turning any little gas drip into a mess.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
however it also has its benefits to protect your paint off road.
I don't understand the purpose of "protecting the paint" argument. Nobody is going to see the paint if it is covered, what is the point in protecting it?

I also wonder if it will trap/retain more engine heat also, since the heat has to go through another layer of insulation. Probably only an issue for some of the people that go off road though.

rogo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Automation and Controls
I don't understand the purpose of "protecting the paint" argument. Nobody is going to see the paint if it is covered, what is the point in protecting it?

I also wonder if it will trap/retain more engine heat also, since the heat has to go through another layer of insulation. Probably only an issue for some of the people that go off road though.
In my mind, I would want to protect from paint penetrating scratches and dings. Once it hit's bare metal, with the salted roads up here it rusts instantly. But as others have said, It's more for people looking to get a unique, matte look you can DIY that is forgiving in application.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
This will not prevent trail damage that's for sure. I did it to my 2011 JKU all black from Home Depot for about $90.00. Works for the look, pulled it all off a month later. Was all in fun.

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Sting Gray
I dont think it looks horrible but dang for $500 or so I'd rather buy another jeep part or add to a jeep part savings!

Ellbee

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Granite, 2004 Jeep Unlimited LJ Black
My 04 LJ plastidip cost $200 sprayer and paint. Lasted 2 years. About to do a different color. To each his own. Super easy to apply.

upload_2018-11-10_19-11-27.jpeg
Sponsored