Sponsored

Cant afford $300-$500 for hardtop headliners? Make it yourself!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Nice video. I'm looking forward to seeing how the back part turns out if/when you decide to do ti.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Are you going to to the rest of the roof? If so let us know the total cost of materials for the whole thing and also how many hours of labor you invest all told.

Looks great so far and there’s a certain satisfaction in doing I job yourself for a lot of us.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@Gibbage Nice job on your video, and on the headliners!
Thanks for sharing.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done. Can't wait to see the follow-on video.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job. I did this years ago when I had a hardtop on the JK. I did the entire inside of the top using rigid foam board insulation with a silver/foil backing that I picked up from Home Depot.
A 4x8ft sheet is pretty inexpensive, $15-$20. The stuff I used was much thicker than the OP used, maybe .5” . It filled the recess in the top up nicely and was easy to hang as well because it was extremely lightweight.

When I did the back portion though, the piece that fit over the sound bar on one side, I had to trim out the area that covered the satellite antenna or I had to relocated it. I just trimmed around it, because it was so easy to cut.

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm curious whether headlines actually do anything to cut down on noise or help insulate.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious whether headlines actually do anything to cut down on noise or help insulate.
When I did mine, I used the stuff mentioned in my earlier post from Home Depot. it looked great when finished but if anything it was very minimal at cutting noise from the highway. You wouldn’t get the heat coming off the hardtop right above your head during mid summer when it’s hot out but as far as keeping the Jeep cool out in the sun, no, again very minimal.