Cannot fold soft top

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
My soft top seems to not be working. I fold it back part way but when i press the release lever in the back it won't fold back. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. It worked fine before.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is it locked?

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
hope you didnt force it while its locked, easy way to bend the arm.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So you push the sunrider up and back but then nothing? I'd say don't force, it take to the dealer because if they break it opening it the rest of the way they have to pay for it. If you do it they may say you caused the problem.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

id put it back down all the way (secured) and then try it again. could be the release cable is bound up somehow. i had this happen when i installed my new soft top. i didnt even figure out why it happened. in my case, i couldnt close it. i went back and forth a few times and it finally went into place.

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
id put it back down all the way (secured) and then try it again. could be the release cable is bound up somehow. i had this happen when i installed my new soft top. i didnt even figure out why it happened. in my case, i couldnt close it. i went back and forth a few times and it finally went into place.
I've tried that. I can't see anything that looks bent. It all looks fine to me. I've tried following where the release cable runs to but can't see where it goes to.
I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer.

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've tried that. I can't see anything that looks bent. It all looks fine to me. I've tried following where the release cable runs to but can't see where it goes to.
I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer.
Went to the dealer. Turns out the handle lever and cable are broken. They ordered a part. Should be fixed in a few days.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing you didn't force it. Few days and back to normal.

funglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS North Edition
Went to the dealer. Turns out the handle lever and cable are broken. They ordered a part. Should be fixed in a few days.

do you have the part number for the handle? anyone have any ideas on how to remove the handle from the assembly? i unscrewed it and then i have no ideas.....

funglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS North Edition
do you have the part number for the handle? anyone have any ideas on how to remove the handle from the assembly? i unscrewed it and then i have no ideas.....
i found the part as 68398994AA. however hoping i can open and fix the current one as replacing the cables sounds like a major pain. I would need to remove the top to access them and route them properly right?

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't. The dealer ordered for me and fixed it.
Sponsored