Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hey all,

I am in Australia. I ordered a Rubicon on 5 Oct and got a proposed build date for 13 Nov. My dealer called me last week to say Jeep had cancelled my order with no explanation and resubmitted it to begin the build on 5 Jan. Does this happen? Any ideas why??

Brian
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Just a guess, but maybe the dealer was able to sell your order for a higher price to someone else? Afaik, if it was a 2021 order, I believe it just automagically gets converted to a 2022 if needed (rather than being cancelled). Either way, that sucks and best of luck with the wait!

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yes, it happens when the manufacturer runs up against commodity restraints, part shortages, or probably in this case, a model year change-over. Happens all the time.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
You ordered late in the run. Typically, for American customers, they will roll the order over to the following model year. Being that you are in Australia, they decided to cancel the order. I've seen this happen to other over seas customers before.

Deleted member 59498

Hey all,

I am in Australia. I ordered a Rubicon on 5 Oct and got a proposed build date for 13 Nov. My dealer called me last week to say Jeep had cancelled my order with no explanation and resubmitted it to begin the build on 5 Jan. Does this happen? Any ideas why??

Brian

I don't know why they are giving you a build date. No one else has one that I know of. In the USA almost all of the ones are scheduled for build or like my early order no update but ordered.

If the dealer is giving you a build date it is not accurate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Korgicon

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it happens when the manufacturer runs up against commodity restraints, part shortages, or probably in this case, a model year change-over. Happens all the time.
Fair enough I guess in this current climate of supply shortages. Just frustrating!

OP
OP
Korgicon

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know why they are giving you a build date. No one else has one that I know of. In the USA almost all of the ones are scheduled for build or like my early order no update but ordered.

If the dealer is giving you a build date it is not accurate.
I'll rephrase from build date. The term on the screen shot provided by the dealer is Estimated Production Date.

OP
OP
Korgicon

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You ordered late in the run. Typically, for American customers, they will roll the order over to the following model year. Being that you are in Australia, they decided to cancel the order. I've seen this happen to other over seas customers before.
At least it will be a 2022 model. A small upside.

Deleted member 59498

Ah OK might be different there, mine has estimated ship date but it is empty since I ordered before 22 builds started.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Fair enough I guess in this current climate of supply shortages. Just frustrating!
From everything I've heard from other Australian orderers, you're looking at at LEAST a 6 month wait. To order in October and expect it built the next month is a pipe dream. I'm in Canada and mine took over 6 months to be built, and 7 months to be delivered. Now factor in right-hand drive and pan-pacific shipping...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Korgicon

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From everything I've heard from other Australian orders, you're looking at at LEAST a 6 month wait. To order in October and expect it built the next month is a pipe dream. I'm in Canada and mine took over 6 months to be built, and 7 months to be delivered. Now factor in right-hand drive and pan-pacific shipping...
Mine was one of a few cancelled through the same dealer. At this stage, I think I would take a guaranteed 6 months.......

Deleted member 59498

Makes me curious on how long it takes a ship to go from LA to Sydney. Not sure how fast car hauling ships sail.

OP
OP
Korgicon

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes me curious on how long it takes a ship to go from LA to Sydney. Not sure how fast car hauling ships sail.
Toledo to LA then to Sydney… I’m getting more depressed. I’ll have it a long time so a few more months doesn’t matter - I guess. 😔

Deleted member 59498

Well I live in Alaska so not much better really. Rail to Portland then ship to Anchorage. Probably a month.