Cancelled my order

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Regarding the DPF issues, the parts shortage has affected everyone and caused long delays. The EPA, CARB, and diesel industry have developed a programming work around until supply chains catch back up. I think they are just now implementing it. It’s in no way an ecodiesel engine issue, it’s a diesel engine issue. The actual DPF assembly and sensors are warrantied, by federal law, for like 8yr/80k miles - just like your cat, a/f, and O2 sensors in your gas car.

I am not sure, but I think the difference is that gas engines don’t go into limp mode when there is an emissions issue where as Diesel engines do. The EPA needs to get that figured out for good.

It’s better to make an informed decision and not one based on internet stories. These exact same issues are affecting the Cummins, powerstroke, duramax, and big rig engines.

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/diesel-exhaust-fluid-sensor-failures-sideline-thousands-trucks
Sponsored

MIAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD,‘02 F-250 7.3, ‘15 Prius, Had 13 JK
I was just wandering around on the internet and looking at auto/ truck/SUV articles and looked at Motortrend.com. There under the long term reviews section is an article about JLUR diesels that just came out. They seem to like it and there’s a section below the article with leads to previous articles earlier this year on the same subject, interesting reading, they list negatives and mostly positives that are worth a look.

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
I really liked my MY 2020 High Altitude Diesel. I had no problems in the one year and 15k miles I put on it.

I just could not tolerate the on road manors anymore. I had two steering boxes installed each better than the last but the steering still sucked. The last straw was then the service manager agreed with me... he said yes it wonders and yes there is 2 inches of play in the wheel but there is nothing wrong. At that point I was done.

Now here is the thing that surprised me. When I went to trade it in dealers would not give me a good trade in value. I went to three different dealers and would only offer the same as vroom or carvana. The dealer I purchased the Jeep form said it wouldn't break his heart if I sold it to vroom.

To be specific I paid 58k for the diesel jeep and exactly a year later and 15k miles the best offer from a dealer or vroom was 47k. I had a MY 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock 2 door I paid 40k for, then 5 years later I got 32k on a trade in on the diesel.

I am aware that the dealer I traded into sold the diesel for 51k. That is even below what I thought I would get as a trade.

I know first hand the diesel resale sucks. Seems dealers dont want them.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got a lot for the Rubicon and exactly on par for the diesel Jeep. The $47k is 81% the value. AAA says your vehicle will be worth 80-85% what is was after the first year.

Your experience with the diesel isn’t different than most any other car gas or diesel.

Deleted member 59498

I really liked my MY 2020 High Altitude Diesel. I had no problems in the one year and 15k miles I put on it.

I just could not tolerate the on road manors anymore. I had two steering boxes installed each better than the last but the steering still sucked. The last straw was then the service manager agreed with me... he said yes it wonders and yes there is 2 inches of play in the wheel but there is nothing wrong. At that point I was done.

Now here is the thing that surprised me. When I went to trade it in dealers would not give me a good trade in value. I went to three different dealers and would only offer the same as vroom or carvana. The dealer I purchased the Jeep form said it wouldn't break his heart if I sold it to vroom.

To be specific I paid 58k for the diesel jeep and exactly a year later and 15k miles the best offer from a dealer or vroom was 47k. I had a MY 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock 2 door I paid 40k for, then 5 years later I got 32k on a trade in on the diesel.

I am aware that the dealer I traded into sold the diesel for 51k. That is even below what I thought I would get as a trade.

I know first hand the diesel resale sucks. Seems dealers dont want them.

It might have been the high altitude trim more than diesel.

81% seems pretty decent. Also your problems were not diesel but steering.

Sponsored

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
It might have been the high altitude trim more than diesel.

81% seems pretty decent. Also your problems were not diesel but steering.

Well that does make me feel better about the trade.

You are correct, absolutely no problems with the diesel. As mentioned I really liked the Jeep.

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
The biggest thing people overlook is the care, cost, additional maintenance needed for diesel. IMO it seems most people think that it's a different fuel source and that's all.

Diesel (In my 10 years owning gas and diesel vehicles) cost more for service and maintenance. I for one am done with diesel and not going back.

Agreed ... I tried it all .. When I would drive a pickup and tow my ATV's I tried diesel .. never again.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then why are you on here complaining about it? It’s so weird.
Sponsored