Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport
what batteries are you going with?

bypassing the aux in one of the many forum approved ways will address this for the future.

Another option is an extended warranty and frequent meetings with lovely service advisors who pass the blame.
Definitely going the battery route. Anybody have experience with the extreme series battery from batteries plus( has a 5 year warranty) or the odyssey battery?
Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I have a pair of odysseys I put in about 3 months ago w the Genesis Dual system. I like them, from the times I have monitored them they seem to be holding well.

FWIW, i've used the cheap ass o reilly batteries in trucks with better luck than interstates.

Forget Optima.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Another +1 for the Genesis Offroad dual battery set up. Especially if you are running accessories (winch, lights, fridge, etc). Expensive, especially having to buy 2 full sized batteries. But, it works great & makes a lot more sense having the batteries accessible. Can be tough if you have a snorkel though.

Many other options that are much cheaper & some good ones are listed on this thread.

FWIW the LED lights shouldn't have caused your issue, unless they had a catastrophic failure somewhere.

As others have mentioned, my bet is the aux battery & it affected the main battery too.

Second thought would be a loose ground, again, as mentioned by others here. Hopefully you get it fixed quickly & it is simple, like the batteries. Even though getting to the aux battery is not exactly easy. :like:

OP
OP
Arisdocjk

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport
Dealer is now charging both batteries. Makes no sense. I can’t wait to get it back and just replace both batteries myself

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arisdocjk

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport
It was a month long process with the dealer. They replaced fuse box, both batteries, and still having codes. They opened a star case and got Chrysler engineers involved. Eventually traced it to an a/c module that was not communicating with canbus. It has now been over 4 months and everything seems fine.