Canbus freak out Jeep had to be towed

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport
I have a 2019 Jlu sport s. On the way to work Thursday morning the Jeep dash started going nuts. All types of warnings, windshield wipers going,no bus displayed in dash. Pulled over and put in park then I could not shift. Jeep was locked up and I couldn’t turn it off. I finally got it to turn off but I could not get it to crank. Had it towed to dealership(still under warranty). They blamed the superchips flashcal that I have installed. They unplugged the bypass and cleared the 108 codes. Now, I have had the flashcal installed for over a year with no problems. Any ideas of what could have caused this?
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have a 2019 Jlu sport s. On the way to work Thursday morning the Jeep dash started going nuts. All types of warnings, windshield wipers going,no bus displayed in dash. Pulled over and put in park then I could not shift. Jeep was locked up and I couldn’t turn it off. I finally got it to turn off but I could not get it to crank. Had it towed to dealership(still under warranty). They blamed the superchips flashcal that I have installed. They unplugged the bypass and cleared the 108 codes. Now, I have had the flashcal installed for over a year with no problems. Any ideas of what could have caused this?
My jlu's electrical system went crazy like this after owning it 1.5 years and I had to disconnect the main battery for it to stop. I then reconnected it and had to jump the jeep to start it. After checking fuses and trying to charge the batteries myself and 3 frustrating dealer visits, they replaced the main battery during the 2nd visit and finally the aux battery on the 3rd visit....the new aux battery fixed the issue. They are known to fail early and cause weird electrical issues....crappy design IMHO. I'd investigate both batteries. :beer:

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arisdocjk

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
There are two ground connections to the body close to the main battery... if they are loose you will experience all kinds of issues.. won't start.... Christmas tree on the dashboard..

OP
OP
Arisdocjk

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu sport
There are two ground connections to the body close to the main battery... if they are loose you will experience all kinds of issues.. won't start.... Christmas tree on the dashboard..
Thanks again for all the help

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Are we taking bets? I'll put 20 on bad battery, shorted cell.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy