Canadian Website Shows the 2019's

Lone Eagle

First Name
PL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red JLUR
Hi. Finally, the Canadian Website allows builds on the 2019s. I did not see anything unexpected, sadly, no MOAB in Canada. It is what I was hoping for because of the steel bumpers & Rubicon hood (Cosmetic, but I like it..). Main selling point over a Rubi for me, is the full time 4WD. I had 2 Hummer H3s, the last one had electric lockers like the Rubi but it also had full time 4WD. In big rain & snow, it's unbeatable.
I drive a lot, so I would have flipped the MTs for ATs. I am on the road 95% of the time, in loose beach sand once or twice a year but mostly brave Canadian Winters and weekend treks to Vermont. So the Rubicon lockers although lovely are not necessary for me but if it had full time 4WD, I would reconsider although the bigger tires and heavier axles probably needlessly drain gas. I am 60 years old, I need the side steps for my passengers, rock rails offer that bullet proofing but in sand & snow, not very useful. I have owned a YJ, TJ Sport, currently in a loaded JKU Sahara for a total of about 420000 miles. I have loved all my Jeeps, and will probably order a JL Sahara if the MOAB does not come North. The Bikini colour is not available either but not really for me anyway.
Cheers!
Sponsored

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Hi. I was trying some 2019 builds. Bikini is available on Sahara not Rubicon. Also no full time 4WD or limited slip on Sahara with the 3.6 engine but only with the new 2.0. Bummer, I'd prefer the 3.6. Base prices have also gone up.

OP
OP
Lone Eagle

Lone Eagle

First Name
PL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red JLUR
That is really disappointing. Had not noticed that initially. The V6 is an amazing engine, for sure I am not going to a 4. It’s probably going to be my last conventional Jeep, the next ones will probably be electric. It’s sad that they took away the full time 4WD but the limited slip is a deal breaker. Not sure the Rubi will fit in my garage...

AJC914

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hi. I was trying some 2019 builds. Bikini is available on Sahara not Rubicon. Also no full time 4WD or limited slip on Sahara with the 3.6 engine but only with the new 2.0. Bummer, I'd prefer the 3.6. Base prices have also gone up.
I am on the Canada website now and it shows the Bikini color is indeed available for the Rubicon.

Screenshot_20181122-215520_Chrome.jpg

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I’m glad I ordered my 19 when I did, was able to get a sport s with the M220 and limited slip in the back
Sponsored