First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport s 2021 6spd,Vw Golf 2020
Occupation
Retired
So guys, I just got to know that my Jeep has shipped, and will most probably receive it next week. it’s been a pleasure waiting with you all! I will surely see you all on the trails
I have a feeling that many Canada Jeep’s will be shipped in the next week.
Sponsored

mikeyp23

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
So guys, I just got to know that my Jeep has shipped, and will most probably receive it next week. it’s been a pleasure waiting with you all! I will surely see you all on the trails
You ordered yours from Peel right? Mine just got added to the Cassen's site today it seems. Perhaps we're on the same shipment!

north53overland

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR (incoming), 2013 Fiat 500T
Text from my dealer yesterday. Looks like our JLUR is estimated to be in Calgary end of May at the CP railyards. Then needs to transferred 1 hour North to Innisfail. Now it's getting real:) Delivery should be so close to my wife's bday that the Dealer at my request is going to put a big bow on it. Cheesy, but fun.

Jeep Wrangler JL Canadian Ordering Experiences Untitled-2

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
You ordered yours from Peel right? Mine just got added to the Cassen's site today it seems. Perhaps we're on the same shipment!
I ordered from Oakville. It shows up in cassens as well but the ship date right now is blank

DJohanis

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black 4XE JL Rubicon Unlimited
Ordered 03/17 a JLUR 4XE with a hardtop. Excited as the dealer texted me a photo Friday showing that it arrived! However, it had a soft top on it. They messed up the ordering and it looks like the soft tops don't come with the electrical and fluid lines for the rear wiper. Bummer. So they suggested a trade with another one on the lot BUT I would then lose the 2.99% financing rate and it increases to 3.49%. The other option they told me is that they can find a hard top off of Kijiji/second hand as it would cost me a lot less, otherwise a new one is around $5k MSRP (and putting it on my build would render the rear wiper inoperable)

We have a 2018 JLUR and do quite a bit of RTT camping. So a soft top is a no go. And if anyone is wondering, yes the dealer specifically verified before I ordered (in writing) that the hard top was coming standard on my Jeep.

Can anyone recommend a local dealer within Ontario? I was getting about $4K below MSRP on my build but now it seems like dealers don't want to give any discounts off MSRP.

EDIT: Dealer made good on the offer and actually went above and beyond. Found me a unit and is buying down the rate to my locked in rate and also honoring the discount on the factory build. Guys at Elgin Chrysler are top notch and I'll be receiving my new Jeep shortly!

Last edited:

Sponsored

north53overland

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 03/17 a JLUR 4XE with a hardtop. Excited as the dealer texted me a photo Friday showing that it arrived! However, it had a soft top on it. They messed up the ordering and it looks like the soft tops don't come with the electrical and fluid lines for the rear wiper. Bummer. So they suggested a trade with another one on the lot BUT I would then lose the 2.99% financing rate and it increases to 3.49%. The other option they told me is that they can find a hard top off of Kijiji/second hand as it would cost me a lot less, otherwise a new one is around $5k MSRP (and putting it on my build would render the rear wiper inoperable)

We have a 2018 JLUR and do quite a bit of RTT camping. So a soft top is a no go. And if anyone is wondering, yes the dealer specifically verified before I ordered (in writing) that the hard top was coming standard on my Jeep.

Can anyone recommend a local dealer within Ontario? I was getting about $4K below MSRP on my build but now it seems like dealers don't want to give any discounts off MSRP.
That screw-up is fishy. Then trying to get you to pay more interest to get what you want?? Sorry they need to fix it at their cost.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
That screw-up is fishy. Then trying to get you to pay more interest to get what you want?? Sorry they need to fix it at their cost.
Yeah it also seems REALLY fast for a JL order to come in in Canada.

north53overland

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it also seems REALLY fast for a JL order to come in in Canada.
yeah, maybe cause it’s 4XE?
That said, update from our dealer:)

“This morning at around 3am it was in passing through Minnesota.

Still had the eta of the 22nd to Calgary. Then a couple days until we see it, get PDI done etc. So should be before month end. Fingers crossed.”

Reactions: BH6

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited

Check out Peel, they just got a bunch of 4xe inventory this past week (I was lurking on Cassens).

PM me if you want to know which sales guy I used. He’s pretty straight forward to deal with when it comes to getting a deal.

BradGT

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided

Reach out to OMVIC. If it is in writing on the order, I believe they owe you the vehicle with the hardtop.

Sponsored

SheJeeps

First Name
Mer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2017 Sahara (trade-in), 2021 Snazzberry JLUR
I ordered in Ottawa too. Wondering when you ordered and what your experience has been so far. I'm going on 8 months since order date and had an estimated ship date of May 21. Reached out twice to my dealer in the last week to see if I was still on track for the estimated ship date and once again they don't answer my emails... I have a window sticker but no build sheet yet. This has been a very frustrating experience for me, to say the least...

DJohanis

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yep. I placed the order directly with one of the partners of the dealership. He emailed me this morning saying they can install the wiper lines for the hardtop at a cost of $800, plus the cost of the hard top. I reached out the FCA and they said they can't get involved its up to the customer and dealer to sort out the pricing.

DJohanis

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reach out to OMVIC. If it is in writing on the order, I believe they owe you the vehicle with the hardtop.
The build sheet and agreement didn't specifically indicate the hard top. That was done by email prior to ordering and the dealership owner explicitly stated that my build would come with a hard top. Think that's got enough teeth to hold up with OMVIC? I really don't want to go that route yet and want to give the dealer an opportunity to make it right but definitely want to know my options

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
The build sheet and agreement didn't specifically indicate the hard top. That was done by email prior to ordering and the dealership owner explicitly stated that my build would come with a hard top. Think that's got enough teeth to hold up with OMVIC? I really don't want to go that route yet and want to give the dealer an opportunity to make it right but definitely want to know my options
Certainly seems like it should be some sort of shared cost, but if it wasn't on the order you signed... you probably don't have a lot to go on. I know I went over my order about 10 times to make sure it was exactly what I intended. I'm sure I was annoying, but hopefully it comes in right!