Canadian buyers

Vihoula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Nursing
Feeling like I didn’t get the best deal I could have. What are you allbpaying for your 2019 JL ? With these specs

CF69C8BA-0082-43E8-B373-3AF9883D83AA.jpeg
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Best deals I have seen in Canada is invoice plus 500 plus a couple hundred for some paperwork crap. If you are ordering and paid MSRP then you paid too much.

There are documents on this site that tell you what Canadian invoice and MSRP pricing is for the JL but I don’t know where it is offhand.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
Here are the numbers from my JL purchase.

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Purchase Date: Apr. 24, 2018
Delivery Date: Aug. 2, 2018
Purchase Location: Greater Vancouver Region (BC)

Vehicle Pricing
---------------
MSRP: 57,615
Dealer Invoice: 52,307
Purchase Price: 52,603

Discount off MSRP: 5,012
Price Over Invoice: 296

Discount %
---------------
% Off MSRP: 8.70%
Over Invoice: 0.56%

Additional Dealer Fees
---------------
Dealer DOC Fees: 997
Air Recovery Tax: 100
BC Tire Levy: 25
Dealer Fees: 1122

Dealer Fees Paid: 522

Final Out The Door Cost
(not including provincial and federal tax)
---------------
Vehicle Purchase: 52,603
Dealer Fees: 522
TOTAL OTD COST: 53,125

I hope this helps.

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, previously 2007 Wrangler, 97 TJ
Thanks Ron for the feedback, I too have been curious and I'm also in Vancouver, likely going to be placing my 2019 order in the next couple of weeks (still debating the on-touch roof)...good info

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The best part of the purchase for me was that I did not have to talk to or negotiate with any salesmen (or saleswomen). I emailed a number of dealers, asked them to quote on the vehicle I had spec'ed out, and then I went in, had the vehicle ordered placed and put down a $1000 deposit. Done.

Sponsored

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
That's what i plan to do as well, but i am waiting for better incentives on 2019 models (none right now). Typically here dealers in cities are less prone to cut deals than the ones in surrounding areas.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's what i plan to do as well, but i am waiting for better incentives on 2019 models (none right now). Typically here dealers in cities are less prone to cut deals than the ones in surrounding areas.
Typically, there are limited incentives with a new model, especially one with sales as brisk as the JL. I did not want to wait an indefinite period of time so I addressed a potential post-sale incentive in my quotation request.

In addition to requesting a quotation on the "out-the-door" price, I included three items for the dealer to answer or acknowledge to help in my selection of a dealer.
- What is required for a deposit and is it refundable?
- Expect to wait for delivery and a defined time limitation window.
- If a rebate and/or sales incentive is available at the time of delivery, will it be applied to the vehicle's final purchase price?

This way, I was covered in the event that an incentive was offered prior to delivery. Some dealers agreed to pass post order incentives along and others did not.

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
Yeah i don't expect rebates or anything of hard value, but better interest rates offers during the winter months is not that uncommon, especially on short-term financing. The current rates are not good, even on a 3 year plan.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
One more thing to add.

If you happen to work for a large company, see if they are members of the Chrysler Advantage Plan. If so, you'll be able to purchase the vehicle at invoice pricing. And from there, you work with the dealer to perhaps give you a break on other charges like the doc fee.

I happen to work for a large IT firm but was pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to buy my JLUR through the Advantage Plan.

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if it is appropriate, but Ron if you don't mind would you share the dealer you ended up transacting with? I note several dealers in Vanocuver are trying to claim above MSRP on their sites and then "instant savings" to make it look like you're getting a deal, it is silly

Sponsored

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not sure if it is appropriate, but Ron if you don't mind would you share the dealer you ended up transacting with? I note several dealers in Vancouver are trying to claim above MSRP on their sites and then "instant savings" to make it look like you're getting a deal, it is silly
I certainly don't mind sharing but please note that I was not at all impressed with our salesperson or our overall experience with the dealership.

The salesperson did virtually nothing to earn my business and put as little effort forward as possible. He was late showing up for our delivery appointment, scheduled more than a week prior, the Jeep was not washed, and though they did eventually wash the outside, the interior windows were totally undone. About the only thing they did on the inside was pull off the window sticker, with by "built for" on it and throw it away. Upon inspection, I found the connector package for the aux. switches missing and the salesperson and parts manager both swore that they talked to their Jeep rep and not only did it not come with the JL but no such connector package existed. I had to take their parts manager online and show it to him. Only then was he able to order this non-existent part. There were a number of other things but I'm guessing you get the picture. Will I be taking my Jeep to them for service? Not likely.

The dealer was Maple Ridge Chrysler Jeep Dodge and the "Internet Salesperson" was Brandon Ciphery. Again, please do not consider this a recommendation - it's not.

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
That's really sad to hear. From what i gathered from many owners and general mechanics i dealt with, the dealerships are a plague around here too. Honestly at the price we pay, the "ordering experience" shouldn't even be near what you got. My build is at 60k atm (MSRP) and odds are i'll get the same treatment. I really want a jlur, but i don't look forward to the purchase at all...I wish we could order it from Costco sometimes.

Last edited:

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes Ron, sorry to hear about the poor experience. But I really appreciate all the info you have shared...thank you!

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yikes Ron, sorry to hear about the poor experience. But I really appreciate all the info you have shared...thank you!
That's really sad to hear. From what i gathered from many owners and general mechanics i dealt with, the dealerships are a plague around here too. Honestly at the price we pay, the "ordering experience" shouldn't even be near what you got. My build is at 60k atm (MSRP) and odds are i'll get the same treatment. I really want a jlur, but i don't look forward to the purchase at all...I wish we could order it from Costco sometimes.
Unfortunately, FCA Canada is not doing itself any favours in winning or retaining customers. When I purchased our last new Chrysler product several years ago, the dealer expended a good deal of effort to ensure I came back to them for service and recommended their dealership to others. That does not appear to be the case any longer. FCA US offers a number of promotions and incentives to their customers but in Canada, we get nothing.

Yes, I wanted a Jeep Wrangler, so I got one. I will not recommend FCA or any of their other products to friends and family but I will be sure to let them know about the BS required to buy a $60K vehicle from FCA and their total lack of customer appreciation.

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
Thanks for the infos, i'll probably hover around here too when i pull the trigger and let you all know how that went. I figure they are currently trying to finish selling the 2018 JLs, hence the 750$ cash incentive for these, and once that's done they'll probably do something for the 2019 in 3-5 months (like offering low interest rates on very short loans).
Sponsored