Canadian build Jeep in US questions

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Just heard back from Jeep corporate via my email inquiry and can confirm I DO have the full remaining warranty that was transferred from Canada. Figured I'd update the thread in case anyone else comes across a similar situation.... Quote of email below

"According to our records your vehicle is equipped with calse code 3DM CAN-AM Warranty. The balance of the factory warranty will remain on the vehicle"

Thanks all for the replies and advice, this forum seems like a great community.
So turns out I have the same thing!
Sponsored

OP
OP

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
So turns out I have the same thing!
It's a weird warranty exception and I wish it was made more apparent by Jeep, even when I called the person on the phone said I was basically out of luck unless my dealer wanted to help out and had never heard of the Can/Am warranty and couldn't find any documentation on what it meant. It was over a day later my email to Jeep was answered with the full explanation and verification. Hopefully you haven't paid anything out of pocket thinking you weren't covered.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
It's a weird warranty exception and I wish it was made more apparent by Jeep, even when I called the person on the phone said I was basically out of luck unless my dealer wanted to help out and had never heard of the Can/Am warranty and couldn't find any documentation on what it meant. It was over a day later my email to Jeep was answered with the full explanation and verification. Hopefully you haven't paid anything out of pocket thinking you weren't covered.

Appreciate the insight. I bought my Jeep with ~20K and haven't made any warranty claims. I saw the leaf on the sticker a while back and recently found the block heater cord. I bought my Jeep in AZ

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares Can you folks help this gentleman? Greg, I don't have an answer, but maybe these folks can help. I would think it would be under warranty, but that may be just wishful thinking on my part. Good luck, I hope you find the answer soon.
Thanks for tagging us, @Wanted33!

Just heard back from Jeep corporate via my email inquiry and can confirm I DO have the full remaining warranty that was transferred from Canada. Figured I'd update the thread in case anyone else comes across a similar situation.... Quote of email below

"According to our records your vehicle is equipped with calse code 3DM CAN-AM Warranty. The balance of the factory warranty will remain on the vehicle"

We are happy to hear that you received an answer to your warranty inquiry. If you are in need of support in the future, please feel free to reach out to our team via private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

LowAltitude

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport, JT High Altitude
Thanks for tagging us, @Wanted33!

We are happy to hear that you received an answer to your warranty inquiry. If you are in need of support in the future, please feel free to reach out to our team via private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Good morning,

I'm stumbing on this post. New to Wrangler and this forum. I have a gladiator that I love and we just this week purchased a 2021 jeep sport S Wrangler, 12,300 miles (that we also love). Unfortunately, I did not realize fully what I was buying and the implications of purchasing a car that was once Canadian. After reading this post, I called the Jeep Cares customer service line and they told me that the factory warranty I thought I would have is void. They suggested I reach out to MOPAR to try to buy and extended. I spoke last night with MOPAR sales and they told me they would not sell an extended warranty on a Canadian built Jeep. Is my only option a 3rd party after-market warranty?? Please help @JeepCares if possible. I would love to have the coverage from the original and I'm willing to buy extended is someone will work with me.

thanks,
Justin
Orlando, FL

Sponsored

LowAltitude

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport, JT High Altitude
Good morning,

I'm stumbing on this post. New to Wrangler and this forum. I have a gladiator that I love and we just this week purchased a 2021 jeep sport S Wrangler, 12,300 miles (that we also love). Unfortunately, I did not realize fully what I was buying and the implications of purchasing a car that was once Canadian. After reading this post, I called the Jeep Cares customer service line and they told me that the factory warranty I thought I would have is void. They suggested I reach out to MOPAR to try to buy and extended. I spoke last night with MOPAR sales and they told me they would not sell an extended warranty on a Canadian built Jeep. Is my only option a 3rd party after-market warranty?? Please help @JeepCares if possible. I would love to have the coverage from the original and I'm willing to buy extended is someone will work with me.

thanks,
Justin
Orlando, FL
Upon further review of this thread, I don't think I have the "3DM CAN-AM Warranty." So I may be out of luck. I love the Jeep, but am bugged that the dealer that sold it wasn't more upfront. Hgreg in West Palm Beach was ignorant best case and deceptive worst case, I'm not sure which but both lead to a cloud over on an otherwise happy purchase. @JeepCares any way to find a build sheet to confirm that I do not have a "3DM CAN-AM Warranty" ? - Justin

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Upon further review of this thread, I don't think I have the "3DM CAN-AM Warranty." So I may be out of luck. I love the Jeep, but am bugged that the dealer that sold it wasn't more upfront. Hgreg in West Palm Beach was ignorant best case and deceptive worst case, I'm not sure which but both lead to a cloud over on an otherwise happy purchase. @JeepCares any way to find a build sheet to confirm that I do not have a "3DM CAN-AM Warranty" ? - Justin
Sure, Justin.

You can review your build sheet at the following link: Equipment Listing (site.com)

Kate
Jeep Cares

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
So 10 years ago, I buy a VW in Alaska. US warranty. Get shipped to Germany, I take the German car of course. Have an issue, go to dealer, they say zero warranty now. But they took pitty on me and fixed it anyway. German tech said I will probably not have a warranty when I get back to USA. He was right.

ricardir

First Name
Ryan Ricardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep WRangler

Greetings, I know this post is a little dated but thought I would reach out to see how everything played out for you. I purchased my 19 Wrangler several years ago from Brighton Ford in Michigan. I was told that it was a recent trade in. Fast forward 2 years I noticed the start of rust corrosion all over the hinges, door, hood, etc. After researching I found out that Jeep extended their body panel coverage to 5 years because of a metal issue that caused galvanic corrosion.

Like you I soon found out that this Jeep was another enterprise rental that was registered in the Canadian market and my US warranty was voided. I called the Ford dealership and they really started to back peddle and said I signed an AS IS no warranty statement. He then informed me that Can AM warranty is included with all the cars they buy from Canada. On my build sheet it says it just like yours, but Can AM has no record of my VIN. Seriously frustrating. 10-15 calls/hours of waiting. What did you do to get your final resolution?> Thanks Ryan

OP
OP

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
I've had our Jeep in twice for the paint corrosion issue over the last 18+ months no issue. If you look up your build sheet does it show the CAN-AM warranty there? I would bring the Jeep to a Jeep dealer, not the Ford dealer you bought it from, they should have more experience in this, factory warranty is factory warranty, doesn't have to be where you purchased from. The first time I did the warranty repair the dealership did have to do something, not sure what, they said they can convert the CAN-AM to a US warranty, but it can never be switched back, making the paint warranty go smoother.

Sponsored

ricardir

First Name
Ryan Ricardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep WRangler
Thanks for the reply! I spoke with countless people from FCA, original dealership, and the dealership Iā€™m taking it to for the repair and no one has ever mentioned converting to the OEM warranty. I canā€™t get past level one customer service. Do you remember exactly how the process was to get it converted? Did the dealership initiate?

OP
OP

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Dealership did everything. Honestly I have no idea what the process was called, after some back and forth with the service rep he came back and said, okay, the best way to move this forward is there's a 1 time conversion to move the CAN-AM warranty to regular, but once done can never be switched back to CAN-AM (which means I guess I'm out of luck if I ever move to Canada).

The link below can be used to get your build sheet:
https://fcagroup.my.site.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

ricardir

First Name
Ryan Ricardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep WRangler
Well thatā€™s a little positive news. Hopefully they feel obliged to do it again. Seems pretty underhanded by the US dealers to do this without informing the customer. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored