Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can Anyone tell me the amount of time between estimated ship date to when they took delivery of their Jeep? My est ship date was May 21st and Iā€™m hearing crickets
My est. ship was 19 April, it arrived at the dealership on 27 May.

jeeps190

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
My jeep arrived at the dealer yesterday. I don't know whether to cry, throw up, or hit something. Chrysler decided to just not build it as ordered. So no cold weather package and no led light package. After waiting months it was a very unpleasant surprise. Reordering will be much more expensive. Still deciding on what to do.

Sponsored

Petesjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My jeep arrived at the dealer yesterday. I don't know whether to cry, throw up, or hit something. Chrysler decided to just not build it as ordered. So no cold weather package and no led light package. After waiting months it was a very unpleasant surprise. Reordering will be much more expensive. Still deciding on what to do.
Shitty....Iā€™m sorry that happened to you my friend. I say take it and then try and work out a deal to reorder and trade this one in next year.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
STOP! You have it all documented on the order and it's just wrong???

Petesjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
STOP! You have it all documented on the order and it's just wrong???
My dealer told me they are telling new customers that are factory ordering, that they are temporarily not offering LED light package and cold weather group. Yes the shortage is real.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If my Willys arrives without those I am going to be some pissed. GTI here I come!

Iā€™ll be watching carefully for the build sheet.

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
What did you order?

Sponsored

Jorge diaz88

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
My dealer told me they are telling new customers that are factory ordering, that they are temporarily not offering LED light package and cold weather group. Yes the shortage is real.
When did you order your Jeep? My dealer told me about the cold weather group but not the LED group, this was back in March

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about this - did you actually see/sign off on the order form? Did you get the original Canadian Window Sticker when the VIN was assigned? Those changes aren't just made by the factory.

I think your dealer screwed up, forgot to add those codes to the order, and now they're trying to brush is off as "Covid shortages". If Cold Weather and LED shortages were that big of a deal, we would know about it on here. Others would be getting their Jeeps without those items. FCA and the dealers would be some level of proactive about it.

This story has holes.

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
I was thinking about this - did you actually see/sign off on the order form? Did you get the original Canadian Window Sticker when the VIN was assigned? Those changes aren't just made by the factory.

I think your dealer screwed up, forgot to add those codes to the order, and now they're trying to brush is off as "Covid shortages". If Cold Weather and LED shortages were that big of a deal, we would know about it on here. Others would be getting their Jeeps without those items. FCA and the dealers would be some level of proactive about it.

This story has holes.
I agree...something fishy is going on....but the factory doesn't just decide to not add an option to a custom order. Mistakes happen but I'd say your dealer either screwed up or they were told by the factory that dropping those options would speed up build, so they dropped those knowing that if you decided to not go ahead with the purchase they could easily sell the vehicle at sticker price.
Either way, did they provide you with a VIN and/or POC once it went into D status?
Check the VIN against the Window Sticker and the POC carefully.
Sounds like you're the victim of incompetence by your dealer.

Reactions: BH6

jeeps190

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I am not sure what really happened. The fact is that our Rubicon is sitting on the lot without cold weather package and led lights. The salesman swears the order was put in correctly, although I suspect the owner of the dealership signed off on not building as ordered. We have decided to go ahead with it anyway, since for us it is either this jeep or no jeep. It will be a long wait to get what we want and without any price guarantees. Another build will probably be thousands of dollars more than what we paid. The lights can be done after, and we will just live without the cold weather package. We are hoping to spend our winters in Arizona anyway. Our current vehicle is past it's expiry date and we don't want to buy another vehicle while waiting for the jeep. If we did buy another vehicle there would not likely be a jeep purchase. Similar story over on another wrangler forum, except the customer's jeep isn't built yet. She can't get cold weather package or led lights either. We ordered March 8.
Sponsored