Vehicle Showcase

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
So guys, I finally got my VIN and build sheet today!
Good news. What does it mean to have the build sheet posted? I can see my window sticker but build sheet shows Not Found. Does your build sheet show anything?

Sponsored

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Spoke with the dealership last week again. Still in 'D' status. The sales rep mentioned it might get built in March and ETA is April or May. I guess I am just going to wait till the the end of March. If no movement then I'll probably cancel the order. It will almost be 6 months by then. Also, I am getting skeptical about the Wranglers now as I recently discovered about Jeep wrangler's infamous and common issue of 'Death wobble'. Does anyone happen to have any information about that?

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Spoke with the dealership last week again. Still in 'D' status. The sales rep mentioned it might get built in March and ETA is April or May. I guess I am just going to wait till the the end of March. If no movement then I'll probably cancel the order. It will almost be 6 months by then. Also, I am getting skeptical about the Wranglers now as I recently discovered about Jeep wrangler's infamous and common issue of 'Death wobble'. Does anyone happen to have any information about that?
I don’t think the death wobble is a problem anymore. If you search for some of the threads on this forum the death wobble only develops if a Jeep is not mod correctly and not maintained well after heavy modifications. They also fixed a lot of the steering issues as well on the 2021 JL. But that’s the only extent of my knowledge.

How long have you been in the D status for?

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
I don’t think the death wobble is a problem anymore. If you search for some of the threads on this forum the death wobble only develops if a Jeep is not mod correctly and not maintained well after heavy modifications. They also fixed a lot of the steering issues as well on the 2021 JL. But that’s the only extent of my knowledge.

How long have you been in the D status for?
Yeah you are right. They did change the Aluminum steering box to Steel box. As far as DW is concerned, to my knowledge, it is not that it will inevitably happen on all wranglers but as a solid front axle suspension vehicle Wranglers will always be prone to getting DW at some point of their lives. It just compromises the reliability of a $71,000 (well, with my build) vehicle and it will always be in the back of my head driving it on a highway. Jeep should switch to IFS as Bronco and Mercedes G class did.

I have been in D status since January 21.

Last edited:

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Yeah you are right. They did change the Aluminum steering box to Steel box. As far as DW is concerned, to my knowledge, it is not that it will inevitably happen on all wranglers but as a solid front axle suspension vehicle Wranglers will also be prone to getting DW at some point of their lives. It just compromises the reliability of a $71,000 (well, with my build) vehicle and it will always be in the back of my head driving it on a highway. Jeep should switch to IFS as Bronco and Mercedes G class did.

I have been in D status since January 21.
Yeah, any car with a solid front axle is prone to that, I agree. Specially if you are keeping it long term, it’ll be at the back of your head. Tbh, prior to placing my order, I was looking into the Land Rover Defender, however the build I wanted for the Defender was north of 80k so I decided against it.

Look at this detailed video below:

Even if the Defender has independent suspension, it performs pretty good off-road. Of course the electronic aids help a lot.

Since January 21? Wow, looks like I still have a few months to go then

Sponsored

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Yeah, any car with a solid front axle is prone to that, I agree. Specially if you are keeping it long term, it’ll be at the back of your head. Tbh, prior to placing my order, I was looking into the Land Rover Defender, however the build I wanted for the Defender was north of 80k so I decided against it.

Look at this detailed video below:

Even if the Defender has independent suspension, it performs pretty good off-road. Of course the electronic aids help a lot.

Since January 21? Wow, looks like I still have a few months to go then
Not necessarily you have to wait as long as me. Some people ordered later than I did and still got the delivery. Probably they are just going to pool all Canadian orders and manufacture them all together.

No offence, but I guess Jeep is still better looking than the Defender and most off-road cars out there in that budget.

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Not necessarily you have to wait as long as me. Some people ordered later than I did and still got the delivery. Probably they are just going to pool all Canadian orders and manufacture them all together.

No offence, but I guess Jeep is still better looking than the Defender and most off-road cars out there in that budget.
100%, that’s why I ordered it ;) tbh I was looking around for the next car to buy but Jeep has a special place for me as I grew up wanting one

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Just got word from my salesman that a build date has been set for my Jeep, April 14th. Not sure how accurate that is but I'll take it since it's been 6 weeks since my VIN was issued.

Edit - Just chatted into Jeep Chat and surprisingly got an answer as opposed to being turned away to Canadian support. They confirmed all parts are gathered although they couldn't confirm a status code. Sounds like I've moved from D to D1 though!

Last edited:

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Just got word from my salesman that a build date has been set for my Jeep, April 14th. Not sure how accurate that is but I'll take it since it's been 6 weeks since my VIN was issued.

Edit - Just chatted into Jeep Chat and surprisingly got an answer as opposed to being turned away to Canadian support. They confirmed all parts are gathered although they couldn't confirm a status code. Sounds like I've moved from D to D1 though!
Congrats! wow you waited 6 weeks in D, it has just been 1 week for me and I am already going crazy. Tried Jeep Chat twice but got turned away both times
Sponsored