Sponsored

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I'm back in the waiting game. Needs a new axle/differential (which apparently isn't related to the full time rock trac). Dealer says it could be months before the parts are available. Waiting for more info...
I hope it works out for you. This seriously sucks man, I mean after months of waiting and then this

Samister

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I'm back in the waiting game. Needs a new axle/differential (which apparently isn't related to the full time rock trac). Dealer says it could be months before the parts are available. Waiting for more info...
oh no! That is not good. But can it be driven while the parts are not in? Was the problem there from day 1 or it developed at a later point?
ps Just got my deposit back, holding out on my decision for now.

OP
OP

CNDJeepLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
oh no! That is not good. But can it be driven while the parts are not in? Was the problem there from day 1 or it developed at a later point?
ps Just got my deposit back, holding out on my decision for now.
The dealer said it canā€™t be driven. When they checked the fluid they found metal shavings. It was functioning great when I took it in, just the clicking sound in 4WD. Got a brand new Dodge Ram to drive for now. Will be getting an ETA on the part (8k) soon then decide how to proceed with FCA. Overall, Iā€™m very pleased on how well Iā€™m dealing with this LOL. I think all the waiting was preparing me...

Good to hear you were able to get your deposit back. Iā€™m thinking QC may just be that much worse with COVID etc.

Dialupconnect

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Been waiting for over 8 weeks now no vin still all I get from the dealership is itā€™s in order stage got told that over 3 weeks ago and whatever that means any ideas?

Sponsored

Samister

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
The dealer said it canā€™t be driven. When they checked the fluid they found metal shavings. It was functioning great when I took it in, just the clicking sound in 4WD. Got a brand new Dodge Ram to drive for now. Will be getting an ETA on the part (8k) soon then decide how to proceed with FCA. Overall, Iā€™m very pleased on how well Iā€™m dealing with this LOL. I think all the waiting was preparing me...

Good to hear you were able to get your deposit back. Iā€™m thinking QC may just be that much worse with COVID etc.
Well the loaner does help out for those trips to Tims but an issue like this is insane. The QC thought did cross my mind in September but then the Wrangler rush took over and I ended up ordering one. Iā€™d say that issue is just the basic Chrysler Quality problem and the Covid related quality issues are yet to come, when they actually have shortage of parts and low quality substitutes will be taken... but that could go for any manufacturer as well.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Been waiting for over 8 weeks now no vin still all I get from the dealership is itā€™s in order stage got told that over 3 weeks ago and whatever that means any ideas?
Buckle up, it's going to be a looooooong ride.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My suggestion is to do what I've been doing for the last 5 months... start ordering parts and accessories! That way you can at least touch and play with PARTS of your Jeep while you wait forever!

OP
OP

CNDJeepLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well the loaner does help out for those trips to Tims but an issue like this is insane. The QC thought did cross my mind in September but then the Wrangler rush took over and I ended up ordering one. Iā€™d say that issue is just the basic Chrysler Quality problem and the Covid related quality issues are yet to come, when they actually have shortage of parts and low quality substitutes will be taken... but that could go for any manufacturer as well.
Yeah - agree. Apparently FCA wonā€™t allow them to change individual parts of the axle assembly so they have to wait for a complete axle to be available, which I would prefer. From my understanding axle replacement isnā€™t too much to worry about long term.

SheJeeps

First Name
Mer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2017 Sahara (trade-in), 2021 Snazzberry JLUR
This means your order is in the queue to get allocated... don't wanna be a bummer but you might be waiting a while for your VIN... I waited 17 weeks for mine, and am now waiting for the build date. This is truly a test of patience... However, my dealership told me there is no consistent pattern this year as to how\when orders are being moved forward so you might get lucky and your order gets pushed ahead sooner, rather than later...

Sponsored

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
When trying to order this week I was told the "cold weather package" is not currently available, obviously I am not going to order it without this option which should be standard on Canadian orders :) anyone else aware of this (not sure if there any Canadian dealers on this thread?)

Reading about many people's delays is never fun and I hope they all arrive soon... this is my 5th Wrangler in a row, so well accustomed to the growing gap between what you pay and the product and service you receive...yet I keep coming back lol..

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
When trying to order this week I was told the "cold weather package" is not currently available, obviously I am not going to order it without this option which should be standard on Canadian orders :) anyone else aware of this (not sure if there any Canadian dealers on this thread?)

Reading about many people's delays is never fun and I hope they all arrive soon... this is my 5th Wrangler in a row, so well accustomed to the growing gap between what you pay and the product and service you receive...yet I keep coming back lol..
I think you can still order it but might take some delays as the parts for that are on back order. I do see a couple of wranglers in stock with this package at some of my local dealers, but they are all 2.0T and I wanted the V6. Tbh service to Canada sucks and I have no clue when mine will arrive, Iā€™ve stopped taking updates from my dealer at this point

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Just checked with the dealer today and the sales rep said my order has a VIN and a firm schedule. I guess that's the 'D' code. But, still no build date or ETA. I think it's still going to take about a month or two from today until she arrives.

It makes me re-think about my decision of ordering a Jeep Wrangler after experiencing such delays and when I see my friend showing off his brand new Range Rover Velar and bragging about it's cool features for almost the same amount that I will be paying for a Wrangler :facepalm:

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Just checked with the dealer today and the sales rep said my order has a VIN and a firm schedule. I guess that's the 'D' code. But, still no build date or ETA. I think it's still going to take about a month or two from today until she arrives.

It makes me re-think about my decision of ordering a Jeep Wrangler after experiencing such delays and when I see my friend showing off his brand new Range Rover Velar and bragging about it's cool features for almost the same amount that I will be paying for a Wrangler :facepalm:
lol same here, tbh I was looking at that car very closely. But I like the defender as well. Itā€™s rugged but has crazy comfort features at the same time

Dialupconnect

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
My suggestion is to do what I've been doing for the last 5 months... start ordering parts and accessories! That way you can at least touch and play with PARTS of your Jeep while you wait forever!
Did you say 5 months. Wow if I new how long it was going to take I would have waited lol in till the 2022 Jeepā€™s came lol or wait for the 4xe at least šŸ˜‚ I know there out now but I wish I waited but still canā€™t wait for my 2021 Jeep Wrangler willys Edition to come 2 door black with about 12 Grand of Accessories first Jeep had to go all out šŸ˜‚
Sponsored