Sponsored

Canadian 2021 JLUR Order & Price

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Ordered on 12/31, VON received on 01/07 but nothing since. Have chatted in to Jeep Chat a couple times and got an update from my salesman last week that the VIN still isn't available. This will be a test of patience by the sounds of it but worth it in the end. I just keep trying to convince myself I don't want to go out driving in winter conditions anyways...
Sponsored

OP
OP

CNDJeepLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ordered on 12/31, VON received on 01/07 but nothing since. Have chatted in to Jeep Chat a couple times and got an update from my salesman last week that the VIN still isn't available. This will be a test of patience by the sounds of it but worth it in the end. I just keep trying to convince myself I don't want to go out driving in winter conditions anyways...
Congrats! A test of patience is right. What time line did the dealer tell you? Build specifics?

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! A test of patience is right. What time line did the dealer tell you? Build specifics?
The dealer had some very loose timelines. 8-12 weeks was the general consensus but the manager, who I've purchased a vehicle from before when he was a salesman, said realistically 12-16 weeks. Just over 2 weeks down and it's been a struggle but I know we're getting closer by the day regardless of when it arrives.

The build is as follows:
  • 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Willys 25W)
  • 3.6L V6/8 speed automatic
  • Firecracker red
  • 3 piece freedom top (no dual top)
  • 2.71:1 Selec-Trac
  • Safety group
  • Advanced safety group
  • Uconnect 4C Nav and sound group
  • Trailer tow and HD electrical group
  • Cold weather group
  • Convenience group
  • Plastic Mopar door sill guards
  • Technology group
  • Mopar cargo tub liner

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
The dealer had some very loose timelines. 8-12 weeks was the general consensus but the manager, who I've purchased a vehicle from before when he was a salesman, said realistically 12-16 weeks. Just over 2 weeks down and it's been a struggle but I know we're getting closer by the day regardless of when it arrives.

The build is as follows:
  • Firecracker red
  • Safety group
  • Advanced safety group
  • Cold weather group
  • Convenience group
  • Technology group
  • Mopar cargo tub liner
Having both safety groups will save you a bunch on insurance costs. Itā€™s gonna pay for itself within 18 months based on what I got quoted for my insurance.

Sponsored

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having both safety groups will save you a bunch on insurance costs. Itā€™s gonna pay for itself within 18 months based on what I got quoted for my insurance.
That was my thinking as well. I got some quotes before putting in my order and it made sense numbers-wise to just go all in on those packages. I also have both packages on my Cherokee and love the adaptive cruise control and auto-dim headlights so it was a no brainer in the end. Now let's hope adding all those features doesn't add to the delay in build!

Samister

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR

The build is as follows:
  • Firecracker red
  • Safety group
  • Advanced safety group
  • Cold weather group
  • Convenience group
  • Technology group
  • Mopar cargo tub liner
Great choice! Was my second one after the Sting Grey... the black and red looks legendary!

Samister

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
As of this morning, still in D1. My dealer is going to check if there has been any changes to the ship date tomorrow. Any updates on your end?
Is yours still on schedule? Probably was built already if there was no change... but did you get the VIN?

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
How are you getting info on jeep chat? Tried once and they said they cant give me info because im a Canadian client
I had to contact FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care because of a steering problem.

Phone number is 1-800-465-2001

Hope this helps.

Dave

Samister

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Nothing yet. Iā€™ll check with the dealer tomorrow. I had a VIN late December.
Oh I might have missed that part. Did you put the VIN in that tracker on the other thread?
Getting super annoyed now, January builds are being delivered now... V6, Cold weather group and all other options as well. So there is no shortage on any specific option like some have been saying...

SheJeeps

First Name
Mer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2017 Sahara (trade-in), 2021 Snazzberry JLUR
Oh I might have missed that part. Did you put the VIN in that tracker on the other thread?
Getting super annoyed now, January builds are being delivered now... V6, Cold weather group and all other options as well. So there is no shortage on any specific option like some have been saying...
Another 2.5 weeks for me with no updates from the dealership. Going on 16+ weeks since order date with no movement... I just dont get what the hold-up is and am getting no specifics or details from the selling dealership. I am beyond frustrated and annoyed...

Samister

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Another 2.5 weeks for me with no updates from the dealership. Going on 16+ weeks since order date with no movement... I just dont get what the hold-up is and am getting no specifics or details from the selling dealership. I am beyond frustrated and annoyed...
Agreed. This is not what I signed up for... šŸ˜‡
This is beyond a reasonable time frame, especially in your case. But as optimistic as I am an update is coming soon.

OP
OP

CNDJeepLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Agreed. This is not what I signed up for... šŸ˜‡
This is beyond a reasonable time frame, especially in your case. But as optimistic as I am an update is coming soon.
Ag
That is terrible. Iā€™m sure most of us would not have placed the order if we were told it was going to be a 20+ week wait and I find it hard to believe FCA wouldnā€™t be able to provide somewhat accurate estimates to Canadian dealers. That being said, I just got notice that my Jeep is in F (16 weeks today).

I would try calling the sales manager and see if they can make a couple calls or at least commit to sending you weekly updates.
Sponsored

Last edited: