Sponsored

Canadian 2021 JLUR Order & Price

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Just had a call from the sales manager, as my jeep is expected to arrive within the next week or so (ordered it Sep 2020) letting me know that they can no longer honour my original purchase order, as Jeep Canada is taking back the discounts due to the shortage.

I was advised in Sept that I would get whichever price was the cheaper, either the day that I ordered or the day that I picked up the vehicle. The total increase is an additional $3800. I am disgusted at this point and trying to figure out my next course of action.

Anyone else heard of this or experienced this?

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Just had a call from the sales manager, as my jeep is expected to arrive within the next week or so (ordered it Sep 2020) letting me know that they can no longer honour my original purchase order, as Jeep Canada is taking back the discounts due to the shortage.

I was advised in Sept that I would get whichever price was the cheaper, either the day that I ordered or the day that I picked up the vehicle. The total increase is an additional $3800. I am disgusted at this point and trying to figure out my next course of action.

That sounds like an excuse, they are just trying to get some more money out of you. I think if the price is not acceptable to you, you can get out the deal

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
That sounds like an excuse, they are just trying to get some more money out of you. I think if the price is not acceptable to you, you can get out the deal
Sure, but the poster doesn’t. want to get out of the deal. They want the original discount.

No point threatening to cancel, the dealer will sell your jeep for full pop in a week.

Start threatening to name and shame. On here, on social media, in your local media consumer news segment if you have to. They won’t want a bad name, nor will FCA Canada. The deal is you order, you get what you signed up for. That’s always been the deal. Your dealership is trying to screw you. Either you pay more or they get your jeep to sell to someone that will. Don’t let them win.

OP
OP

CNDJeepLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Incredible. Did you have a trade in the deal? VIN? When the VIN was issued for mine there was a line on the order sheet that said price protection.

Sponsored

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incredible. Did you have a trade in the deal? VIN? When the VIN was issued for mine there was a line on the order sheet that said price protection.
No trade in. VIN was received 10 weeks after the order and provided to me over the phone.

Nailgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sure, but the poster doesn’t. want to get out of the deal. They want the original discount.

No point threatening to cancel, the dealer will sell your jeep for full pop in a week.

Start threatening to name and shame. On here, on social media, in your local media consumer news segment if you have to. They won’t want a bad name, nor will FCA Canada. The deal is you order, you get what you signed up for. That’s always been the deal. Your dealership is trying to screw you. Either you pay more or they get your jeep to sell to someone that will. Don’t let them win.
No credible dealer will screw over a client for a few bucks...but FCA would and likely has in this case.

Just so you know, under the terms and conditions section (4)....it is stated "The manufacturer may change our price of new vehicles without notice...yada yada yada small talk....we may change the cash delivered price of the vehicle to you accordingly."

So...after all that, your dealer doesn't want to eat this deal. FCA has left you in a bad situation of their own doing. If they would just build a vehicle as they receive orders like our neighbours in the US....there would be no problem. I'm afraid that stalling a build for 8 months is intentional.....no doubt in my mind.

Again, I'd love to hear FCA's side of this argument over this delay and up charge.

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No credible dealer will screw over a client for a few bucks...but FCA would and likely has in this case.

Just so you know, under the terms and conditions section (4)....it is stated "The manufacturer may change our price of new vehicles without notice...yada yada yada small talk....we may change the cash delivered price of the vehicle to you accordingly."

So...after all that, your dealer doesn't want to eat this deal. FCA has left you in a bad situation of their own doing. If they would just build a vehicle as they receive orders like our neighbours in the US....there would be no problem. I'm afraid that stalling a build for 8 months is intentional.....no doubt in my mind.

Again, I'd love to hear FCA's side of this argument over this delay and up charge.
Yes, I'm wondering if those expecting their builds soon will experience the same issue at their dealers. Wondering if this is my dealer or across Ontario.

Nailgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yes, I'm wondering if those expecting their builds soon will experience the same issue at their dealers. Wondering if this is my dealer or across Ontario.
This could be any dealer in Canada if too much time goes by. It's all in the way we buy things. You don't pay until the moment you receive it. If you payed upfront....then things would be different.

Outside of this topic.....manufactures are facing rising costs due to the rising material prices. These costs will be passed down eventually to the consumer. FCA sees quoted prices vary by the day for every thing it purchases. 8 months is a crazy amount of time to hold a price firm. Inflation like this will destroy whats left of this economy.

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

I feel for you man, That’s disgusting, I can’t believe it, fca doesn’t care about Canadian market. They sell more wrangler in 6 weeks in us than hole year in Canada.
This last time I’m ordering a new vehicle.Next time I’ll just search and wait for right opportunity.
I have to admit that’s gonna be a tough one, I would try to make them sweat while I look for a better deal elsewhere🧐

Sponsored

SheJeeps

First Name
Mer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2017 Sahara (trade-in), 2021 Snazzberry JLUR
I spoke to my dealer yesterday over the phone. I have been waiting for my order since sept and still have no build date so we spoke about me canceling my order with them and reaching out to another dealer who has a similar build in inventory. He laid out the pros and cons of me canceling... One con was that I would lose the price they quoted me back in sept. The other dealer is charging over 10k more than my price for a similar build... My dealer says to stick it out so I end up getting a better price.

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
I spoke to my dealer yesterday over the phone. I have been waiting for my order since sept and still have no build date so we spoke about me canceling my order with them and reaching out to another dealer who has a similar build in inventory. He laid out the pros and cons of me canceling... One con was that I would lose the price they quoted me back in sept. The other dealer is charging over 10k more than my price for a similar build... My dealer says to stick it out so I end up getting a better price.
You could stick it out, and hope they don’t just cancel your build like they have done to other Canadian orders. 6 MONTHS is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for an order. I would try to negotiate with the other dealer, and pay what I had to get what I wanted. I honestly feel like the chip shortage and supply chain interruptions are only going to get worse, and that the days of getting steep discounts on orders are done for the time being. It sucks, but these are not normal times.
Cancel your order, and go find the Jeep that is closest to what you ordered.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the "wait it out" camp, but fully understand your desire to just get your damn Jeep!