Can you polish a black hard top?

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Whats the best way to get rid of light scuffs and scratches on the factory black hard top? Can you use scratch x for some sort of polish? I used 303 to protect it and tried some back to black also but wondering what everyone uses? Thx
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I just ignore the scratches on the top and fenders.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I know you are asking about polishing to cover up scuffs or scratches, but if they are bad enough to bother you there is touch up paint available for the black hard top.

PXF is the Mopar paint code. It should be easy to find online or ask your dealer if they aren’t knuckleheads. Even if they are they should still be able to order ;)

I have used it myself and it was a good match to cover up some deep scratches that were showing white.

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know you are asking about polishing to cover up scuffs or scratches, but if they are bad enough to bother you there is touch up paint available for the black hard top.

PXF is the Mopar paint code. It should be easy to find online or ask your dealer if they aren’t knuckleheads. Even if they are they should still be able to order ;)

I have used it myself and it was a good match to cover up some deep scratches that were showing white.
Yea I did see that if I got a bad scratch. I don't have any major issues that would need that at the moment. It just looks like some birds had a good time on top of one of my freedom panels lol. Back to black and 303 you barley can notice, was just wondering if using polish would be ok.

Sponsored

Paxildog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Alex , did you find anything to get the scuffs out

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alex , did you find anything to get the scuffs out
Never really tried anything else. From everything I read I did not try any polish since I didn't want to make it worse. I just occasionally coat with 303 after washing and forget it.