Can you name the noise?

Donevan.Ausborn

First Name
Donevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle JLU Sport S 2.0, 03 VTX 1800 C
Ok I’m going to be honest, idk what’s going out, but that was my best guess, there is a slight knock in rear drivers wheel well every time I let off the gas at slower speeds or right when I’m pulling up to a stop sign. And if I let it cruise at idle speed sometimes you can hear it at a constant speed. So I finally took it up on a lift and spun my back tires, can’t describe the noise so I’ll attach a video. When spinning the back tires (open diff) I’ll spin one and the other will hesitate just a bit before spinning. Facebook group was no help so hopefully y’all got me🤙🏼. Just really wanna get back on the trails and been waiting to resolve this before I go have some fun.

First video is with it in park and parking break engaged. (Jack stands, not lift)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Donevan.Ausborn

Donevan.Ausborn

First Name
Donevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the video of it in the shop. TYIA

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I always wanted to name one of my rattles “Peter”...!

Squeaks get female names... 😫

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I’m going to be honest, idk what’s going out, but that was my best guess, there is a slight knock in rear drivers wheel well every time I let off the gas at slower speeds or right when I’m pulling up to a stop sign. And if I let it cruise at idle speed sometimes you can hear it at a constant speed. So I finally took it up on a lift and spun my back tires, can’t describe the noise so I’ll attach a video. When spinning the back tires (open diff) I’ll spin one and the other will hesitate just a bit before spinning. Facebook group was no help so hopefully y’all got me🤙🏼. Just really wanna get back on the trails and been waiting to resolve this before I go have some fun.

First video is with it in park and parking break engaged. (Jack stands, not lift)
Not sure, but look in here for like noises, or to rule it out at least…..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/knock-in-rear-with-dana-44.16921/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Donevan.Ausborn

Donevan.Ausborn

First Name
Donevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, no problem, the title says D44s, but it’s been happening to sport and Sahara axles as well.
I DMed him to see what he came out with, I’ll read more later on it but 108 pgs is a lot, so hopefully he can gimme a short cut😂
Sponsored