Sponsored

Can you guess what's wrong with this Jeep?

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
If you had a Sport and you put Rubicon stickers on it... that would mean your trying to front as a Rubicon. Just trying to provide a little prospective.
They guy I quoted was talking about wheels/tires
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yeah. And the hood is of a Willys but the decal is for a Rubicon.

I imagine that JL is used, correct? If a JL rolled out of the plant like this it would be a sign of bigger problems.

Either that or Jeep hired the guy who was in charge of Bronco production...! šŸ˜«

Unless it is the new 4Xe with wireless charging... :LOL:
Anything is possible. I remember seeing pictures of a JL on this forum that was delivered to a dealer with 2 different color fenders. How that got out of the factory is beyond me.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are you sure that itā€™s plugged in?

Does the horn work?

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I always wanted to downgrade my badges, meaning changing my MB C350 down to a C250. Doesn't really work on the Wrangler, though I suppose I could remove my Rubicon badges...

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
It's that NEW New 4xe. It has a QI pad you park on at night.
Iā€™m thinking the buyer needs a pad, not for the Jeep or chargingā€¦

Sponsored

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Both are just for appearance. The wheels are specific to the Rubicon, just like those stickers are specific to the 4xe. The buyer of the wheels has a large number of wheels to choose from but still chooses them to look like a Rubicon.
You're wrong, but by all means don't let that stop you...

The buyer (in this case me) chose the take-offs not to look like a Rubi, but to get the 33" tires they wanted - plus nicer wheels - for less than 25% of the cost buying new tires alone.

Face it - very few people outside this group can look at those wheels and know where they came from, so putting those take-offs on my Sport would be a piss-poor way to make it look like a Rubi. And for those who are in the know - it is very obvious that there is nothing else on my Sport that looks like it came from a Rubi, so again - those take-offs are a piss-poor way to make it look like a Rubi. So, tell me - how was my cost-driven choice of tires/wheels an effort to make my Sport look like a Rubicon?

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
You're wrong, but by all means don't let that stop you...

The buyer (in this case me) chose the take-offs not to look like a Rubi, but to get the 33" tires they wanted - plus nicer wheels - for less than 25% of the cost buying new tires alone.

Face it - very few people outside this group can look at those wheels and know where they came from, so putting those take-offs on my Sport would be a piss-poor way to make it look like a Rubi. And for those who are in the know - it is very obvious that there is nothing else on my Sport that looks like it came from a Rubi, so again - those take-offs are a piss-poor way to make it look like a Rubi. So, tell me - how was my cost-driven choice of tires/wheels an effort to make my Sport look like a Rubicon?
When I had a Sport WWJKU I also installed Rubicon hand-me-downs. The small upgrade was sufficient for my needs and saved me money.
There is like 800k JL Wranglers (US ONLY). If the number of registered forum members (including inactive and troll members) is about 65k, then you can surmise that 8% of Jeep owner are "hard core" and the rest are normal people.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Spotted this at the dealership today.

IMG_20220119_112034.jpg

IMG_20220119_112005.jpg

IMG_20220119_112013.jpg

IMG_20220119_112001.jpg

IMG_20220119_112027.jpg
somebody really wanted the Willys but also really liked the baby blue decals. lol But most likely this was put together with a hodge-podge of parts that weren't meant to go together. The hood is totally wrong... lol oh well. the dealer can remove the 4xe decal and paint the hooks black. But at this point, part of me likes to keep this as is. Could this be treated like those wrong stamps that are worth a lot more later??? lol Also, imagine the confusion on people's faces seeing this passing by! Hopefully, the issue is only cosmetic and the Jeep didn't come with a Rubi front axle and a Sport rear axle or mismatched shocks or gearing! lol If only these decals are the issue, I'd keep it.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Correcto mundo... According to the dealer, some Dodo Bird customer insisted on having them install all the 4xe stickers. They actually paid extra for it. And nope it's brad new, but the dealer is waiting on even more 4xe stickers to install...lol Literally the dumbest thing I've witnessed outside of someone putting an M badge on an non-M BMW.
Someone actually WANTED this???? And here I'm blaming Jeep for slapping cars together any which way they can just to get them out of the door. lol

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Happens all the time. My family used to own a GM dealership and we'd get GMCs with Chevy badging and vise versa all the time.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Rubicon that I put Gladiator wheels on (I like the muted color). Does that mean I'm trying to front as a Gladiator?

IMG-3157.jpg
Yes! You had me fooled!!! šŸ˜«

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Here's one: Can one order a Rubicon with NO "Rubicon" decals? Or are the Rubi decals mounted and then clear coated on top of it and the paint?

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Here's one: Can one order a Rubicon with NO "Rubicon" decals? Or are the Rubi decals mounted and then clear coated on top of it and the paint?
They are not clear coated over, you can remove them easily with some heat.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Happens all the time. My family used to own a GM dealership and we'd get GMCs with Chevy badging and vise versa all the time.
Yep, I once bought a Chevy S10 Blazer new off the lot. It had a GMC steering wheel which isn't that surprising since they ran intermixed down the assembly line.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I have a Rubicon that I put Gladiator wheels on (I like the muted color). Does that mean I'm trying to front as a Gladiator?

IMG-3157.jpg
Gladiator Rubi wheels just look better.
Jeep Wrangler JL Can you guess what's wrong with this Jeep? image
Sponsored