Can you check behind me? Tiniest lift ever questions

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I'm planning to add a whole whopping 1" (i know, amazing) to the front of my JT sport s using a teraflex spacer, but want to make sure i have my bases covered so if you guys can double-check me that would be great

so other than the 1" front spacer, i was going to add the mopar lift front lower control arms to help the caster

i read somewhere the track bars for the sport and rubicon are the same, so am i right in that a 1" lift would not need an adjustable track bar?

do i need an alignment or is 1" not big enough to make the steering wheel off-center?

front shock length ok?

just looking for a tiny boost in the front but maintain OEM ride/steering. Leaving rear alone

anything i'm forgetting? Sorry in advance for the lame thread, but thanks for helping out!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I just finished shopping for a 1” spacer....to no avail. Teraflex does have a 1.5” kit.

For just 1”, assuming the JT and JL are similar, I’d find some lightly used Rubicon springs and shocks and that should be good for at least an inch. Maybe a bit more. That wouldn’t need any other parts changed but the Mopar LCA’s would be a great addition.

You will need to re-center the steering wheel. It’s very easy.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Teraflex makes .5 spacers and they are made to be stacked. You would need to Re center your wheel but the toe setting won’t change. The front axel would probably be 1/4” offset but won’t really hurt anything

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Daystar makes 3/4. Why not just go with Rubicon suspension - 1.5 " lift if you get it from 4 door hardtop.
Can find takeoff suspension for $100 on Facebook locally.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
That’s probably why it didn’t come up for me on part searches. Well, I didn’t only want the front raised either as I plan to put weight out back so I needed all 4 corners up. I went with the 3/4” Daystar spacers that were on sale last week (May still be) and were $65 to my door for a set of 4.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Gotcha

Functionally, rubicon springs would be great, but when i measured my fender / tire gap, the front needs to come up exactly 1" to be the same as the rear on mine specifically, so i didn't want to risk over-doing the front if the rubicon springs gave me more than 1". I just figured the spacer would be exact and a safe bet

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Gotcha

Functionally, rubicon springs would be great, but when i measured my fender / tire gap, the front needs to come up exactly 1" to be the same as the rear on mine specifically, so i didn't want to risk over-doing the front if the rubicon springs gave me more than 1". I just figured the spacer would be exact and a safe bet
It’ll still be in spec on caster and the suspension components if you did. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding.

OP
OP

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Just didn't want the front to be higher than the rear. Want matching front and rear fender gap and don't want to lift the rear at all

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
I just did the double 1/2" Teraflex spacer on my JLUR with the Mopar LCA. Everything is good so far. Check the Teraflex kit for the 2 door, I think it has a 1" front.
Sponsored