Sponsored

Can we discuss sun shades? Best with top on.

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
Jtops claims they work with hard top. Anyone have one of these?

Jtops - American made $224 for red or gray all in with shipping
Shadeidea - made in China I guess $129 all in with shipping.
I have Jtops and a hard top. Left it on all summer. I was worried that adding it would ruin the open air feeling of the jeep with the roof off, but it really wasnt that bad. Plus side extremely hot days it was nice to be out of the direct sun.
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Do you all do the 2 piece or the one piece?
Shadeidea 2 piece. I liked the look of it installed (so similar to the Alienshade you would think it was a knock off) vs the JTops. Considered both, but that’s the direction I went. Wasn’t too many reviews on here either, but worked out well for me.

Reactions: GtX

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Happy with my Spiderwebshade. They have a discount running now too.

2 door here, so one piece obviously.

00EA52D3-3485-4838-B9D6-D2F872C4D4A0.jpeg

DDA0D8FD-384A-4225-B554-6F66DE20C03A.jpeg

47B3582D-5582-47BD-B719-68617357264A.jpeg

D7936CDD-900E-4844-91A9-4F5E988ED791.jpeg

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
Thanks for this and the details I needed. Sold. I have no problem ever paying more for American made and try to every chance I get to a certain point . Will place my order tomorrow. Going with red with my Sting gray.
I bought a Jtop a few months ago as well for my 2020 JLU... very pleased with it! I now leave my JTop in place and use my RollnJack to take top on/off... no problems at all.

Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Looking closer at the Shadeidea tops, they are nearly identical to my Alien shade. This is down to the bungees and even the ‘how to’ install video and installation tool. I would be amazed if this wasn’t exactly the same product. My suspicion is the factory that produced for Alien continued production post closure and just renamed it.

now I wonder if they’ll send me new front clips for the new Jeep 😩

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So I had a jtop on my JKU and loved it best product ever ... so I got another one fir my JL and ended up ripping it off and throwing it in the trash and here is why.. fist it sits much lower in the JL for some reason and really reduced headroom, second in first year 2 of the clasps broke, on the plastic housing stopped clipping in even though I couldn’t find any sign of cracking, and the other just ripped away from the net over time.. also the straps were all excessively long and I was constantly tucking them back away. Really bummed that when I called besttop they sent me a new plastic clip and told me to put it on my self... so anyways anyone have a Jl sunscreen with no gaps or bungies that they love?

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So I had a jtop on my JKU and loved it best product ever ... so I got another one fir my JL and ended up ripping it off and throwing it in the trash and here is why.. fist it sits much lower in the JL for some reason and really reduced headroom, second in first year 2 of the clasps broke, on the plastic housing stopped clipping in even though I couldn’t find any sign of cracking, and the other just ripped away from the net over time.. also the straps were all excessively long and I was constantly tucking them back away. Really bummed that when I called besttop they sent me a new plastic clip and told me to put it on my self... so anyways anyone have a Jl sunscreen with no gaps or bungies that they love?
I’m curious, why not a bungee option?

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious, why not a bungee option?
The gap around the edge, plus they tend to sit lower from what I saw.. I am six four and head room is an issue.. one of the reasons I run a full time softtoo is the extra head room

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I will admit that looking at the pics of the red shade above the bungie system seems to leave less gaps on the jl than it did on the jk

Sponsored

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
So do you have a Jtop or a Bestop? You say Jtop first and then later a Bestop.

I got the Jtop and am 6’3”. There is zero issue with head room and the reduction of it. Only had it for a little bit so we will see quality over time but so far am pleased with the install and coverage.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So do you have a Jtop or a Bestop? You say Jtop first and then later a Bestop.

I got the Jtop and am 6’3”. There is zero issue with head room and the reduction of it. Only had it for a little bit so we will see quality over time but so far am pleased with the install and coverage.
Sorry jtopusa for jk and the jl

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
JTops. I bought one for my JKU and my JLUR

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
We'll be introducing Hothead Sunshades this year for anyone that would be interested.