Sponsored

Can the Premium Soft Top be taken through automated car wash?

malencar

First Name
Mauro Alencar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Granite Crystal Metallic
I just picked-up my premium soft top and installed it.
Now I want to take my JLUR to a car wash but I'm not sure it's recommended.

Anyone with experience doing so?

Thanks

Mauro
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That's a good idea I would hate if I had to do hand washed all the time did that for a decade with my Duallys and big 40 inch tires on my trucks. I will never get a vehicle I have to do hand wash again. They're actually bad on the paint if you don't get it wet enough and use a good chamois. Most people don't know that and they don't get get it wet enough and therefore scratches the paint. I've been through some car washes that are touchless and and work well

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have a question on the back of the leather seats ? Is there a big pocket where you can put stuff in it or is that the cloth ? Because one of the seats have straps where you strap on the Molly bags. Is that the leather ?

Shamus13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 98 TJ

Thanks

Mauro
You can do anything you like. However the automated brushes on carwashes can easily scratch the soft top windows. Touchless are better. I never go to a carwash that people was my car. I only wash my own vehicles as I care more than they ever will to avoid scratching the paint or windows.

I have a question on the back of the leather seats ? Is there a big pocket where you can put stuff in it or is that the cloth ? Because one of the seats have straps where you strap on the Molly bags. Is that the leather ?
I have the molle. There is a small mesh pocket at the bottom. It is the width of the seat but is only about 4 or 5 inches deep.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Automated car wash is absolutely fine

Sponsored

Slate55

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I have a jk with the premium soft top waiting for my JLUR STING GREY, I have taken it through automatic car washes for the past 5 years with no problems top still looks great

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You can do anything you like. However the automated brushes on carwashes can easily scratch the soft top windows. Touchless are better. I never go to a carwash that people was my car. I only wash my own vehicles as I care more than they ever will to avoid scratching the paint or windows.

I have the molle. There is a small mesh pocket at the bottom. It is the width of the seat but is only about 4 or 5 inches deep.
Can you post a picture with the Molle bags please

tluke

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, Mercedes ML550, Corvette, Polaris Slingshot & Honda CRF250L
I'll add to the yes votes. I have taken my JK, with the premium soft top, through the car wash. I imagine your concern is the amount of force of the blowers. I had that same concern but all went well. I've never had a problem even though it seems like the side panels are going to blow in. Feels like your Wrangler is going through a tornado but it comes out fine.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I've washed mine through the touchless ones many times already. The one that only sprays water and works ok tbh....soft top windows end up with water spots due to not getting the spot free rinse properly due to shape and other things...some water might go in the jeep so be ready...nothing crazy thou....I rather do it myself if I have time thou

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'd go with touchless car wash. Not just for soft top, but for every vehicle. The ones with the rotating brush can easily f-up your clear coat as they accumulate dirt on the bristles which then cause micro scratches on there.

Hell, better yet, get you a power washer. Takes me about 10 minutes to power wash my Jeep thoroughly. Paid about $200 for my great quality one and probably already saved $1k on car washes and counting.

Sponsored

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Can you post a picture with the Molle bags please
Molle is only rubicon. Of you get a Sahara or a sport, the leather and cloth seats have big pockets on the back.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Thanks

Mauro
A little off topic I took my wife’s white Cherokee through a very reputable automated wash and when I was done it had grease all over it - not sure if it was from another vehicle or a component of the wash. I didn’t take my Jeep through it but I definitely won’t now, you never know what the other vehicles that day had on them or if there is something failing in the equipment itself. there in the business of pushing as many vehicles a day through them - maybe touch less is different not sure.

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That looks good not too big and it really blends in. Hardly even see it except for the red cross. Where'd you find that one ?

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
That looks good not too big and it really blends in. Hardly even see it except for the red cross. Where'd you find that one ?
Amazon (condor rip-away EMT Pounch). The Red Cross is a separate piece.
Sponsored