Sleblanc63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlUR 2.0L
Occupation
RV driver, wife annoyer and grand kid spoiler.
angletow.jpg
fronttow.jpg
sidetow.jpg
Did this... like that is almost all behind the skid plate. Gonna black out the e-brake and wiring connector.
Sponsored

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
angletow.jpg
fronttow.jpg
sidetow.jpg
Did this... like that is almost all behind the skid plate. Gonna black out the e-brake and wiring connector.
Nice job, it looks clean.

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
Probably a stupid question. Does flat towing add mileage to the odometer?

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
A reasonable question, not stupid. . . the only mileage added is to your RV odometer.

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangle Sahara Unlimited
I Just set my JLU Sahara up for towing, I considered bumper connections however after much research very few bumper manufactures actually authorize it. Considering the bumper attachment plate welds and gauge the over all consenses if you plan to do any significant towing install a towbar plate. I chose the Blue OX tow plate, it sits 1" below my bumper so you do not lose very much in the way of clearance. The Tow Plates attached to the side of the frame which is a stronger system. Installing a tow attachment actually made by the towbar manufactures provides me more peace of mind rather then a custom bumper from a small fabricator. Towing 5000lbs and $50K I want to know I have the safest system available.

I purchased the Ready Brute Elite towbar as it is rated for 8,000lbs (most are only 6,000lbs), however what I liked about the Ready brute it has a passive braking system built in, so as you brake on the motorhome it actuates a lever on the towbar that pulls on a cable attached you the brake pedal on the jeep. With this system you do not need any power from the jeep like most electronic system require, so battery drain is a non issue. This type of system is also easier on the brakes (wear and tear) than most of the electric brake systems. Additionally the brake and turn signals are thru wired from the motorhome so even the lights do not require power from the jeep. Total cost Tow Plate, Tow Bar, wiring kit (lights). $1700

Here is a great set of videos for the set-up with a older (2016) 2dr jJK, however it is basically the same (there are 4 part video for this).

When installing the wiring harness for your toad, Did you have any issues with it cancelling out your blind spot sonar. I saw on another site it stopped working.
Thank you, Jim

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I used the mopar flat tow harness on mine for the last 2 years, and my blind spot system still works perfectly.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
When installing the wiring harness for your toad, Did you have any issues with it cancelling out your blind spot sonar. I saw on another site it stopped working.
Thank you, Jim
I did not have the blind spot sensors n my JL however I have a new 4xe that I am installing the wiring kit this week and will let you know.

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used the mopar flat tow harness on mine for the last 2 years, and my blind spot system still works perfectly.
Do you happen to know the part number?
Thank you

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not have the blind spot sensors n my JL however I have a new 4xe that I am installing the wiring kit this week and will let you know.
Did you use the Mopar flat tow wiring kit?
Thank you

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Jeep Wrangler JL Can the JL be flat towed behind an RV ? sidetow
Rock Hard bumper work great. This is my second Jeep with one.
How come you used a pic of MY Jeep???..Oh, it’s a twin, never mind😊. Seriously though, great setup. I also added the LOD brackets as a bit”extra” support, but really dont think I needed them. I use a Towmate 38” light bar on the back window and an RVi3 brake. Works great with no mods to the Jeeps wiring.

Sponsored

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)