Sponsored

Can someone who owns a JK measure their windshield for me

U.S. Marine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I want to use a sun shield for our black JLU to reflect heat and protect the dash. I haven't found any on the internet for JL's, I guess a lot of accessories haven't been designed yet. Is the JK's windshield the same size as the JL? Thanks for any assistance with this matter.
Sponsored

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I want to use a sun shield for our black JLU to reflect heat and protect the dash. I haven't found any on the internet for JL's, I guess a lot of accessories haven't been designed yet. Is the JK's windshield the same size as the JL? Thanks for any assistance with this matter.
Approximately 54” x 15.5” on the inside at the glass.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Approximately 54” x 15.5” on the inside at the glass.
I'm also looking for a sun shield. There are many more JK sun shields to choose from and has all price ranges. Seems to be only one or two JL windshield sun shields to choose from. Thanks for the measurements Bill. Does the JK have the mirror mounted on the glass or above? Or does it depend on which year for the JK? If the glass, then there might be an unnecessary cutout in the sun shield for the mirror. FYI: The JL is about 53 x 16 on the inside of the windshield. So they *should* fit, but need to figure out if there is a hole cut for the mirror. I wonder why the "JL" one at https://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2018/wrangler-unlimited/techshade/wrangler-unlimited-generation/jl/ has a cutout for the mirror when the mirror isn't attached to the windshield? Maybe it will technically fit but isn't made for a JL specifically?

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I'm also looking for a sun shield. There are many more JK sun shields to choose from and has all price ranges. Seems to be only one or two JL windshield sun shields to choose from. Thanks for the measurements Bill. Does the JK have the mirror mounted on the glass or above? Or does it depend on which year for the JK? If the glass, then there might be an unnecessary cutout in the sun shield for the mirror. FYI: The JL is about 53 x 16 on the inside of the windshield. So they *should* fit, but need to figure out if there is a hole cut for the mirror. I wonder why the "JL" one at https://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2018/wrangler-unlimited/techshade/wrangler-unlimited-generation/jl/ has a cutout for the mirror when the mirror isn't attached to the windshield? Maybe it will technically fit but isn't made for a JL specifically?
Yes, JK has mirror attached to windshield.
Sponsored