First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
1. Can someone tell me how/why my Sahara came with LED tail lights but halogen heads/fogs/fenders? I believe these are the halogen (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/h...hvwMU-kRP3a1JxisLZ5uUv38QCm5hJAkaAobtEALw_wcB) but I bought it CPO with these (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/l...IPzQhxLknRuHLYmwG7HLsCfAd-u_h0_EaAs1EEALw_wcB). Would they stock them that way?

2. Can someone tell me why, after I remote start my 2019 JLUS (dealer installed after I bought but as part of the sale negotiation) and push in the brake for the first time, every once in a while the car just shuts off?
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
1. LED taillights were a part of a safety group. Do you have blind spot mirrors?

2. Don't know.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Poster above is correct. LED taillights contain the proximity sensors for blind spot monitoring, if the vehicle is equipped with them.

As for number 2, I experienced issues like you describe in my '15 JKU with factory remote start when the negative battery terminal was loose.

JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
The ‘18 Sahara’s and Rubicon’s had an LED package that included front and rear together, but in ‘19+ they split the packages into LED front lighting group (includes LED fogs) and secondly a Safety Group (includes LED rears with blindspot monitor).

It is not uncommon to see LED rears with halogen fronts now due to this.

The LED headlight and fog package (without side DRLs) can now be equipped on all Sport S packages.

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

Sponsored

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Poster above is correct. LED taillights contain the proximity sensors for blind spot monitoring, if the vehicle is equipped with them.

As for number 2, I experienced issues like you describe in my '15 JKU with factory remote start when the negative battery terminal was loose.
interesting. Perhaps something caused by the install not properly replaced?

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
The ‘18 Sahara’s and Rubicon’s had an LED package that included front and rear together, but in ‘19+ they split the packages into LED front lighting group (includes LED fogs) and secondly a Safety Group (includes LED rears with blindspot monitor).

It is not uncommon to see LED rears with halogen fronts now due to this.

The LED headlight and fog package (without side DRLs) can now be equipped on all Sport S packages.
Any idea if you can replace the LED tails with something else while maintaining the blind spot monitoring? Is it something you can unplug from stock and use with, say, Oracle’s black series LED tails?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any idea if you can replace the LED tails with something else while maintaining the blind spot monitoring? Is it something you can unplug from stock and use with, say, Oracle’s black series LED tails?
Yes, you can move the sensors from the stock light to aftermarkets as long they have the housing for them.

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
1. Can someone tell me how/why my Sahara came with LED tail lights but halogen heads/fogs/fenders? I believe these are the halogen (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/h...hvwMU-kRP3a1JxisLZ5uUv38QCm5hJAkaAobtEALw_wcB) but I bought it CPO with these (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/l...IPzQhxLknRuHLYmwG7HLsCfAd-u_h0_EaAs1EEALw_wcB). Would they stock them that way?

2. Can someone tell me why, after I remote start my 2019 JLUS (dealer installed after I bought but as part of the sale negotiation) and push in the brake for the first time, every once in a while the car just shuts off?
2)You have to hit the start button again after you remote start within a few minute or the car automatically shuts off again. This is a safety mechanism in case you accidentally remote started the car by accident and the Jeep would just idle until empty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
2)You have to hit the start button again after you remote start within a few minute or the car automatically shuts off again. This is a safety mechanism in case you accidentally remote started the car by accident and the Jeep would just idle until empty.
Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'm confused about is why it doesn't shut off until I push the brake in. I could understand that sort of safety mechanism, but I would imagine, when I hit the brake, the car is aware that I'm in it and about to drive.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

This is a safety mechanism in case you accidentally remote started the car by accident and the Jeep would just idle until empty.
Factory/OEM remote start runs for 15 minutes and then shuts off if the ignition start/stop button is not pressed. The vehicle will not idle until empty.

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Remote start runs for 15 minutes and then shuts off if the ignition start/stop button is not pressed. The vehicle will not idle until empty.
Yeah, I really haven't dealt with this. It's the seemingly random shutoff when it's been idling for random amounts of time (sometimes a minute, sometimes a few, and most times it doesn't shut off at all). I don't know what the "fail" rate is but it's probably about 10-20% of the times I push the brakes in. There's no consistency I can find.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I guess what I'm confused about is why it doesn't shut off until I push the brake in. I could understand that sort of safety mechanism, but I would imagine, when I hit the brake, the car is aware that I'm in it and about to drive.
You mentioned that your dealer installed your remote start. It's likely they did not install the oem/factory system. Many aftermarket systems turn off remote start if the brake is depressed before either pressing the start/stop button or turning the key to the run position (obviously not in the JL). It is a safety feature. The system I had in one of my previous vehicles did this. The oem/factory remote start simply requires the start/stop button to be pressed, otherwise it will run for 15 minutes and shut off.

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
You mentioned that your dealer installed your remote start. It's likely they did not install the oem/factory system. Many aftermarket systems turn off remote start if the brake is depressed before either pressing the start/stop button or turning the key to the run position (obviously not in the JL). It is a safety feature. The system I had in one of my previous vehicles did this. The oem/factory remote start simply requires the start/stop button to be pressed, otherwise it will run for 15 minutes and shut off.
Okay, interesting. Thanks for this. So I'd have to hit start/stop before hitting the brake, and this won't shut the car off in and of itself?
Sponsored