Sponsored

Can Rubicons be ordered without BFG KO2 tires?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Can Rubicons be ordered with the more street friendly tires rather than the off-road tires? (Before you bite my head off by pointing out the obvious that Rubicon's ARE for off-roading my thought process is that I'd like to get one with more factory wheels / "street" tires for daily driving and get more "aggressive" wheels / tires for off roading / winter situations.)
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
No, but it would be simple to trade somebody even if you really wanted to. Lots of people would make you a trade.

The Sport/Sahara tires are 0.25" shorter so your speedometer will be just a hair off. Just a tiny hair. Maybe 1 MPH or so.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No, your only choice is that you choose either black side walls are raised white letter sidewalls. If you go to a dealer, you can probably ask them to swap your wheels and tires with those of a Sport or Sahara and they may be happy to do that.

That being said, my wife daily drives a JL Rubicon and does not complain about the ride. The BFG KO2s are an all-terrain and have very good road manners.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
The BFG KO2s are excellent on the road. Give em a chance.
I second that emotion. I came from the exact opposite of a Rubicon, a Mini Cooper running on low profile tires. The stock tires on the Rubicon are quiet, comfortable and capable. I didn't get on it in recent rain, but felt no slippage. And, probably most important to this 55 year old kid, they just look cool!

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
The KO2 they come with is not aggressive and does excellent on the road. Been on a set now for over 40,000 miles. You don't need two sets of tires. KO2 is snow rated too.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
the ko2 are a great tire both on and off the road and great in snow conditions

i have had my jlur since feb and they are great, can't really feel or hear them more so than compared to more road friendly tires

on top of that i have been running ko on my 3/4 ton pickup for the last 5 years or so, works great in the snow and hard to break grip with the diesel on wet roads where other tires i was just doing burnouts at stop lights

the prior tire km were better off road tires with a more aggressive tread but resulted in a more bump and louder ride and your typical mt tire is worse in the snow than a at

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Can Rubicons be ordered with the more street friendly tires rather than the off-road tires? (Before you bite my head off by pointing out the obvious that Rubicon's ARE for off-roading my thought process is that I'd like to get one with more factory wheels / "street" tires for daily driving and get more "aggressive" wheels / tires for off roading / winter situations.)
I bet you could swap a set of KO2s for a set of road tires right at your dealer before you even drive it off the lot. Ask them.

Sponsored

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
I second that emotion. I came from the exact opposite of a Rubicon, a Mini Cooper running on low profile tires. The stock tires on the Rubicon are quiet, comfortable and capable. I didn't get on it in recent rain, but felt no slippage. And, probably most important to this 55 year old kid, they just look cool!
Totally agree. 40 mile 1-way daily commute and love the ride quality on the KO2s.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Might as well swap your big boy underwear for some thong panties while your at it...

Just kidding, kind of. Good luck. Post pictures of the rubi with your donuts so we can see.

Drivera94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
No, your only choice is that you choose either black side walls are raised white letter sidewalls. If you go to a dealer, you can probably ask them to swap your wheels and tires with those of a Sport or Sahara and they may be happy to do that.

That being said, my wife daily drives a JL Rubicon and does not complain about the ride. The BFG KO2s are an all-terrain and have very good road manners.
You can order white whalls?

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
KO2s are just fine on the road. Had them on my JK and I actually thought they worked better for my commute than the street tires it had. Bad weather was no issue.

So yes, you can swap with just about anyone here. But you’ll find out quickly that their hunger is because they know the KO2 is a great tire- on and off road.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
KO2 is the absolute minimum tire you want for the Rubi. They look good and are way smoother than the KM2’s they used to come with on the JK’s.
Sponsored