Sponsored

Can Rubicon Molle seatback be fitted to a Sahara?

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Can Rubicon Molle seatback be fitted to a Sahara? part#?

thanks!
Sponsored

Cwalters2002

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl wrangler unlimited sport s
I had thought about doing this. I then came a cross Bartac seat covers which have the molle set up on the back. You get protection and molle. Only issue is how long it takes to get them.

Animal_Muther

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (Punk'n)
If this is a temporary thing, you can get tactical shooting vests that can fit on the seat backwards giving you some MOLLe space. I'm not sure it's worth it at around $60 bucks for the vest, but cheaper than ripping seats out of a Rubicon. I'll look into creating something in mine here in the next month or so depending on weather. (Almost time for motorcycles to come out.)

Sponsored

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
I was wondering about this for my Sport as well. Using the parts finder on allmoparparts.com I got as far as confirming the underlying seat back frame is the same for all models and it would be a bit over $300 for both the Rubicon seatbacks. What I don’t know is if the foam needs changed and what modification would be needed to reuse the existing cover.

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
Lets keep this idea going... I just bought some Rubicon seat covers for the front, forgetting about the Molle on the back of the Rubicon seats that is going to be missing from my Sport seats... I will update this thread with what I find.

LanceM
=

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Lets keep this idea going... I just bought some Rubicon seat covers for the front, forgetting about the Molle on the back of the Rubicon seats that is going to be missing from my Sport seats... I will update this thread with what I find.

LanceM
=
I know it’s an old thread but were you able
To get those panels to work? Just ordered a set of rubicon seat covers and totally forgot about the backs being open

jhm119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range Rover
Anybody have part numbers for the backs or try to do this? Just ordered a set of seat covers and going to give this a shot but still need the plastic/ molle backs.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Anybody have part numbers for the backs or try to do this? Just ordered a set of seat covers and going to give this a shot but still need the plastic/ molle backs.
The seller threw in the seat backs for mine. I had to trim some of the seat foam to get them to sit right. Also there’s a couple parts missing to secure the top part. I kinda rigged mine with some string inside where you can’t see it.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
If you are just after molle for mounting 5.11 and a couple other companies sell a rigid molle panel that you could attach with straps to your seat back. Just throwing that out there.
Sponsored