Sponsored

Can my Jeep handle Moab???

Bushwick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Going to Moab this year. Def doing Fins n things and some moderate trails like La Sal Pass. Here is my setup

2018 JLU Sahara
Rear LSD diff (Dana 35)
33 KO2s
Teraflex 1.5” spacer level kit
1.75” Spidertrax wheel spacers
Rubicon rock rails

thinking of getting the Teraflex sway bar quick disconnects

Aside from driver skill, is this more than capable for fins ? I have the Charles wells book but still wondering.

attached is the pic minus the rock rails which I just got.

thanks in advance all for the great feedback.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can my Jeep handle Moab??? 5F059AA3-F097-48E3-B3BA-27CA366FB3EA
Sponsored

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Your Jeep will exceed your expectations. It'll be great! I do recommend the sway bar discos, or you can just undo the lower part of the links and zip tie them to the sway bar. I'd reconnect them for the road, though, or switchbacks.

But even without the disconnect, that thing will eat Fins N Things for lunch. No problem.

That's a nice looking Jeep! When are you going?

OP
OP
Bushwick18

Bushwick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Your Jeep will exceed your expectations. It'll be great! I do recommend the sway bar discos, or you can just undo the lower part of the links and zip tie them to the sway bar. I'd reconnect them for the road, though, or switchbacks.

But even without the disconnect, that thing will eat Fins N Things for lunch. No problem.

That's a nice looking Jeep! When are you going?
Dan, I will be there in June. Was supposed to be a trip with my best friend but he lost a fast battle with Colon cancer and we had this trip planned before he knew of it. So, I’m still going and a few other noobs. He was kind of the main guy for this but we will honor him with a badge of honor he desperately wanted from Moab.

OP
OP
Bushwick18

Bushwick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Dan, I will be there in June. Was supposed to be a trip with my best friend but he lost a fast battle with Colon cancer and we had this trip planned before he knew of it. So, I’m still going and a few other noobs. He was kind of the main guy for this but we will honor him with a badge of honor he desperately wanted from Moab.
I also really appreciate your insight on my Jeep. Such a confidence booster knowing it will he fine, now gotta work out my jitters :)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am so sorry to hear that. What a heartbreak. I've got a buddy undergoing chemo for it right now. His prognosis is decent, but it is scary as heck.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also really appreciate your insight on my Jeep. Such a confidence booster knowing it will he fine, now gotta work out my jitters :)
You'll really be blown away by not just what it can do, but how comfortable it will be doing it. Especially when it gets hot in June and you are sitting in air conditioned comfort while your Jeep shows off its moves without breaking a sweat.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
First off, FUCK cancer and sorry for the lose of your friend.

You will be able to easily do Fins & Things as well as Hell's Revenge. There are many trails that you will be able to do. Go explore and have a great time.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Sorry about your friend. I hope you all have a blast. I’ve yet to go. I’d like to test out these Apex Autolynx disconnects and that would be a great place to test them out.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
YES your Jeep can handle Moab. That thing will be right at home on fins and things and hells revenge. Like mentioned above, being able to disconnect the sway bar would be a huge plus in off-road performance and comfort. Take your favorite picture of your buddy and go there and get those badges for your friend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bushwick18

Bushwick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence on my setup handling some of those badge of honor trails. Not it’s all on the driver :) We are ready to go and def going to get the sway bar quick disconnects.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I'm waiting on delivery of a 2dr 80th Anniversary and plan on a Moab trip this fall. I ran a few Moab trails way back in 1989 in a 1986 Toyota 4WD pickup with a weak 4cyl engine, 5spd MT, open differentials, and 31" tires. Never had so much as a hiccup.

These JLs will do just fine on lots of Moab trails. Of course, there ARE exceptions, but you'll know which ones to avoid. Get a copy of Charles Wells Guide to Moab. It's on Amazon. Great reference.

rjive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
How was the trip?

I'm going to be taking my stock rubicon out to Moab in a few months for a first experience. I'm not sure what to expect and going with some experienced jeepers. Any tips for a noob?

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
How was the trip?

I'm going to be taking my stock rubicon out to Moab in a few months for a first experience. I'm not sure what to expect and going with some experienced jeepers. Any tips for a noob?
Listen to the experienced Jeepers. Let them lead and show you how to do it, what lines to take, etc.

Push your personal limits to gain confidence. Your Jeep is a lot more capable than you might think.

Don't let anyone push you into doing something you really don't want to do.

Have fun.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Listen to the experienced Jeepers. Let them lead and show you how to do it, what lines to take, etc.

Push your personal limits to gain confidence. Your Jeep is a lot more capable than you might think.

Don't let anyone push you into doing something you really don't want to do.

Have fun.
Great advice. I always say have fun. If its not fun, do something else. Just know that Moab is special. You will look at something and say there is no way I can drive a Jeep up that, then just remember that thousands of Jeeps have already been up that. A good experienced spotter can get you through just about anything with zero damage to your Jeep.
Sponsored