Can JSCAN change remote start options?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I got the JSCAN app for her 21 JLURD to reset the tire size after we had the lift and 35's installed. It seems that I accidentally switched the fog lights to always on and don't remember doing it. So I was wondering if there was a setting to disable the remote start the I tripped and didn't realize it. Thanks.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I got the JSCAN app for her 21 JLURD to reset the tire size after we had the lift and 35's installed. It seems that I accidentally switched the fog lights to always on and don't remember doing it. So I was wondering if there was a setting to disable the remote start the I tripped and didn't realize it. Thanks.
@Terpsmandan

In JSCAN, if you enabled the setting to deal with ESS (Stop /Start), that will make Remote Start not work...

Why.... well, that enabled setting disables one of the JL's hood plunger's ..... thanks to that disabled hood plunger, the JL, thinks hood is open and of course, if hood is open/or JL believes it is open, remote start will not work...

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Thank you. That makes sense. Looks like I will have to switch it back over to her 21. I ended up getting a Tazer because I could not figure out how to disable the ESS. Seems I did more than that....

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Wish there were more keywords and I found this post a few weeks ago. It never came up as remote start stop working.
Sponsored