Can i splice here for dashcam?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can I undo my mirror and splice into anything for a fixed dashcam?

2020 JLUR

9A17CE15-86BF-49FA-A97C-DF8F02FACEA9.jpeg

39CE4A69-CE66-4BBE-9529-622A67E4383A.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hello?

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Look for those wires in the wire diagram thread.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yea the wiring is the same though, so no worries. They changed the mirror since 2019 or 2020 something.
Ah sweet! Youre 100% sure?? Dont wanna pry it apart and its not there! ;)

I have bene reading old posts about having to run wires so that would be super if I can splice!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

I have bene reading old posts about having to run wires so that would be super if I can splice!
Which mirror do you have? Powered?

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Which mirror do you have? Powered?
I have a 2020 JLUR. I dont know if it is "powered" - mainly because I dont know what you mean by powered. I have the Assist and SOS buttons above the mirror. Can you see the first photo - I re-pasted it in?

My window sticker does say "Rear View Auto–Dimming Mirror" as part of the 8.4–Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can i splice here for dashcam? 1593369672085

Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force

Sometimes you just need to go for it and find out on your own. Take a leap and start the learning process.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sometimes you just need to go for it and find out on your own. Take a leap and start the learning process.
Sorry, but there are a few polite things I will say to that:

Knowledge is power - if someone else has it, I will leverage it.
Time is money - if someone else can help me save it, I will go that route.
Dont reinvent the wheel - if someone has the solution, use it.

With all due respect: If no one knows nor has the answer...ok fine...perhaps one can go on a "discovery mission." But as you can see, this seems known and done. If you read the thread, you will see that Arterius2 seems to be getting close to giving an answer and is seeking some helpful clarification from me (thank you btw). Hijacking the thread without a response and inserting your "I don't know just wing it" response is less than helpful. The power of this forum is the knowledge it has and connectivity it provides for answers....ask yourself this: what if EVERY response was yours - i.e. "I don't know...just start doing stuff...try, see what happens" - definitionally it would render the forum essentially useless - ergo the proof that responses like this that find their way into posts are less than helpful to everyone.

Last edited:

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Sorry, but there are a few polite things I will say to that:

Knowledge is power - if someone else has it, I will leverage it.
Time is money - if someone else can help me save it, I will go that route.
Dont reinvent the wheel - if someone has the solution, use it.
I wasn't trying to be an ass about it. Arterius2 gave you the answer and it was as if you refused to believe his answer, which is OK.
The process of learning is leveraging someone else's knowledge and putting it into application, i.e. jump into it and get it done. Time is money, you could be waiting a long time before you get something more indepth to satisfy your query but quite possibly you could take what's been offered and have it completed before that answer comes, thus saving you time in the long run. You don't have to reinvent the wheel but sometimes the wheel has to be modified just a smidge to work for your application. Honestly, no bad intentions meant.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I wasn't trying to be an ass about it. Arterius2 gave you the answer and it was as if you refused to believe his answer, which is OK.
The process of learning is leveraging someone else's knowledge and putting it into application, i.e. jump into it and get it done. Time is money, you could be waiting a long time before you get something more indepth to satisfy your query but quite possibly you could take what's been offered and have it completed before that answer comes, thus saving you time in the long run. You don't have to reinvent the wheel but sometimes the wheel has to be modified just a smidge to work for your application. Honestly, no bad intentions meant.
I didnt refuse to believe anything...did you read it all? He asked a follow up so he could have all the information. And I said I dont know what "power" means. So we are trying to get to the solution....

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have a 2020 JLUR. I dont know if it is "powered" - mainly because I dont know what you mean by powered. I have the Assist and SOS buttons above the mirror. Can you see the first photo - I re-pasted it in?

My window sticker does say "Rear View Auto–Dimming Mirror" as part of the 8.4–Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group.

1593369672085.png
Yea you have the powered mirror, the wiring should be there. If you have the auto dimming mirror then there should be something you can tap into.
Sponsored