Can i splice here for dashcam?

Kohltex

First Name
Kohl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Can I undo my mirror and splice into anything for a fixed dashcam?

2020 JLUR

9A17CE15-86BF-49FA-A97C-DF8F02FACEA9.jpeg

39CE4A69-CE66-4BBE-9529-622A67E4383A.jpeg
I installed a dashcam. Its easiest to go under the windshield to the main fuse controller on passenger side under the hood using an add-a-fuse.
Advertisement

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Did you make adjustments to the AUX switch settings in the menu?
I hav 3 wires with my dashcam kit. Battery, ACC and ground. Is this doable with AUX?

Thx in advance.
I didn't make any changes to the aux switches, i just keep the aux 4 switch on. I do have a dedicated battery so it can run parking mode. That battery would charge while the engine is running.

Kyanche

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I also think there might be a market for a replacement thing we can pop up there to add a USB port.

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
@Texcal

With factory installed Aux, in the front passenger foot well, you will find the Aux bundle. This bundle has a Direct to battery wire, an ignition switched wire and also Aux 1, 2, 3, 4 wire.

No settings need to be done in UConnect for direct to battery and ignition switched wires.

There is also an easy to access, ground point in the front passenger foot well.

By the way, you will find an Aux bundle in the engine compartment, right by the Main battery. That bundle only has Aux 1, 2, 3, 4 and no direct to battery or ignition switched wire.

Here is a pic that shows wire colors and Amp..
12v source wires.jpeg

Here is pic of ground point in front passenger foot well:
footground.jpeg
Just came here to say that with the aux bundle right there and this post i successfully installed my wife's new garmin dashcam today. Thank you and the other 10 posts I read to make it happen flawlessly.

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thanks to this thread, I was able to install my dash cam (Blackvue DR900X-2CH) with minimal fuss. This thread was was great for figuring out where I wanted to tap into the wiring and where/how to route the wires. So thanks!

I want to share what I used as my ground point for my hardwired install. I used the bolt that's part of this carpet "button" on the passenger side transmission hump as it was really close to the aux switch internal wiring harness and didn't require removing the ride-side kick panel.

location of ground bolt for dash cam on transmission hump.jpg
ground bolt for dash cam on transmission hump.jpg

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement