Sponsored

Can I sell my Soft Top if my car is leased??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Haha I enjoyed every responses and thank you to everyone that gave me advice. I sold the soft top for a premium and I will replace it with an OEM factory soft top in 3 years if I do end up trading it in or returning the lease!

As of right now, with all the modding that I have planned, I'm going in the direction of purchasing the car after the lease term is up.

I didn't mean to stir up any arguments and to the poster above, the dealership only had a dual top option for the color that I wanted! Being a wrangler noob, I didn't even know it was an option to have just the hard top (again my fault).

Anyway, if anyone has a MOPAR tubular side step for my new JL near NYC (willing to drive a good distance) please PM me!

Best
I have the flat side runners from my JL in my garage if your interested? I’m in rockland county. About a 20 minute ride to manhattan. I’m there everyday :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
I have the flat side runners from my JL in my garage if your interested? I’m in rockland county. About a 20 minute ride to manhattan. I’m there everyday :)
Interested! Are they actually a step for the car? Can you show me a picture? Not sure what flat side runners look like. My fiancée is having a hard time getting in and out of the car so I have no choice but to get side steps.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Interested! Are they actually a step for the car? Can you show me a picture? Not sure what flat side runners look like. My fiancée is having a hard time getting in and out of the car so I have no choice but to get side steps.
You can always sell her, and replace her with one of the same type at the end of your lease;)

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s funny you said that. My wife also having a hard time since I have a rough country 3 1/2 inch lift on the Jeep so I purchased the Aries Action track system. The running boards I have in garage which I took a off are on the new JLs. Go to an ad you see them on there. I’m not home to snap a shot of them. They are not stairs. Plus wife is 51 so she needed the action tracks. Let me know I’ll give them to you for a great price. Come to house and I will install them for you. It’s fast and easy :)

Sponsored

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me water it down.

* I thought that the OP's selling what he didn't own was in desperation so I could in part sympathize--that was how it was originally worded. Pure profit motive makes it worse.

* Don't sell what you don't own except in markets that permit that behavior, like Wall St., where such transactions can't leave the buyer forced to return sold merchandise that was never seller owned. Such short sellers collateralize such transactions and brokers can compel margin calls (sell your collateral) if the price of what your selling, (and don't own), goes up, in otherwise highly regulated markets.

* FCA may be able to associate a VIN with a OEM soft top serial number. Is it unlikely that they'll check, yes. Is it wrong to do: yes. Selling stuff people loan to you, regardless of interest rate, whether a scum bag Dealer, or your best buddy coming though with that pipe wrench, is wrong.

* That said, people and life aren't perfect and I'm glad the OP intends on making sure the dealer gets back at least a top in kind to that he got, allowing for wear and tear.

====

The OP is free to speculate on price changes in plenty other places. He doesn't even have to buy or sell stock. He can buy Puts and Calls, which are nothing more than contracts that allow him to sell (or buy) at a particular price until the contract expires. At least the market for a metaphorical "Put" on OEM tops will be priced astronomically high as everyone knows the price of OEM tops will go down in time, and that a contract that allows you to sell it for today's price, 2 years from now, is valued.

The soft top takes up little space out of the humongous box he claims is taking up room. Boo hoo.
You lost me at “ I thought”

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You lost me at “ I thought”
Dave one thing I have to say is they just trashed that kid totally. Felt bad as he took it all nicely. Anyways I’m going to meet him tomorrow. I’m installing the runners he picking up from me. He really is a good person and definitely no knock on you either. Everyone has there say and I will never judge buddy :)

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's why I came to his defense in the posts (please read) after he disclosed his intention to make the dealer whole at lease end. My reply came from your ADD-like reply, times 2.

You will judge. We all judge. It's part of our nature and necessity for self protection. Good people refrain from judgment without getting the facts. You'll be forced to judge unless you're able to get off of jury duty.

Take the last word if you want.
No Dave I dont want to take the last word really I’d like to stay in touch and chat with many. No need for last words. I understand you totally coming to his defense. I got bullied big time as a kid and still live with that shitty syndrome today. I always take it and smile. I’m really never the pusher, I let the wife do that lol. All cool Dave. I meet Steve tomorrow. I told him I’d install for him also. No charge. I mean it’s only going to take a half hours anyway. I have it all prepared. Except I lost 3 of the screws but ran to dealer and got them replaced. Dealer charged me 6 and change for each bolt. It’s all good I’d like to hold a good name. I told him a price thinking I had everything. Also all the upgrades I’ve done in the last 2 months, garage looks like forgetaboutit lol. So I couldn’t find 3 of the bolts. Spent an hour looking and that’s when I decided I’ll just go and pick up the bolts at the dealer and again no charge. I’m glad you responded Dave. :) I know your a good person just from your text brother :) we’ll chat again soon :)

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Piss off Dave. Worst case secnario, he’ll be charged for the missing soft top.

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure. I literally signed up because of how abrasive you are. They’ll send him a bill and work it out from there. It’s clearly not “stealing” as you put it.

But if you must continue to be a prick, don’t let me stop you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pin the post to note subsequent modifications to those already made, and hedge any thoughts you may have to seek its erasure. I'm okay with the idea that you might believe holding you to your word, and/or me being a prick is your opinion.
I stand by my assessment. I wouldn’t dream of erasing anything. While we’re passing out advice, I think a bit of self awareness would do you good.

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
Yes

salmon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2016 wrx,
I'm not the smartest man but selling something thats not yours is breaking some kind if law. Ill take it how much?

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
In response to the OP ....

Many people have sold their soft tops in the past even on a lease. The thing is you WILL need to replace it. You signed for it at the lease and it will be expected to be there. Tops get damaged and replaced all the time. It technically IS a “wear” item that can be worn or damaged over time. As long as there is one on upon return the dealer will not say anything.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
I use to read here before joining. You remind me of

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/members/nate.11694/ .

It's the "screw you because I have nothing of substance to say," along with the name, and date of joining being the same as the last time this guy posted.

Clearly I can't convince you that selling what you don't own is wrong, so I won't try. But board management may take a crack at it. I'll let them know. Sound good?

Wow! Guess who made one hell of an impression

I don’t care if you private message me a copy of your conversations for posterity (You’re wrong in the assumption TexasNate and I are one in the same I’m in Ohio....)

And for the record I agree with TexasMe
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.