Sponsored

Can I sell my Soft Top if my car is leased??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
Oh, well then, that clarifies everything. No, no sarcasm, I'm serious. I think it just came across in a way you didn't intend.

Anyhow, don't misunderstand me above, ethics is a spectrum. That's why you're getting the diversity of responses. Personally, if I knew I wasn't going to use the soft top (I'm a soft top only guy, so it's a stretch for me), then I'd probably hawk it now with the intent on replacing new, OEM later. My garage and basement are already full of my mother-in-law's crap, so I don't have that kind of real estate (thus no dual-top group for me).
Yeah I definitely didn’t intend for any of this to happen. Honestly I should’ve thought it over more before I bought the car. I didn’t know the car came with the dual top option until I signed off on the lease. Would’ve saved me the hassle..
Sponsored

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
And where did you get the notion that I can't afford this lease? This is actually my third car which I leased for pleasure... please think before you start talking all this nonsense
And this is why I'm here asking for advice since it's my first lease.
Wait....what???

Sponsored

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
Ah, I wasn’t following. You seemed to be saying that you leased three cars....
That’s okay. I didn’t mean for this thread to turn into an argument. Even have someone compare me to “shorting” on Wall Street LOL

I’m going to sell the top for now and I’ll replace it with an OEM or just pay the dealer outright if necessary.

Though, the way I’m in love with this car right now I might choose to purchase it at the end of the term anyway.

Bill T.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac XTS and 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hey I'm not sure if anyone can help me out here but I recently leased a new Wrangler. The Wrangler came with a dual top option and I was planning on selling the soft top so I can use that money to save back on some of the cash I put down as a down payment.

Does anyone know if it'll affect my car lease when I return it after the term? it is a 3 year lease
No, you will be charged for the missing equipment.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I LOL'd to a lot of these comments - why is it unethical? How many of us lease a Wrangler, immediately change the tires to get the big 35s/37s and before returning the lease we put back the factory wheels/tires?

I bet many people do this - is this unethical? F no.

Option a) I keep the stock tires in my garage collecting dust for 3 years.

Option b) I sell the stock tires on day 2, save the space in my garage, and buy used tires on day -1 year 3.

Either way, the dealership will be happy when I return the Wrangler to them, with the stock wheels/tires. No efs will be given whether these tires are the ones that ACTUALLY came with the vehicle or not - Ultimately they're going to drive that Jeep from the front door (where I dropped it) and put it on their lot with a 'Certified, used vehicle' sale sign.

And LMFAO to the guy that said they will trace down your sold soft top and asked the new owner to return it. C'mon Wall Street bro, that's too funny! Do you have any idea how many pieces of that Wrangler you're driving (I'm assuming you do have one, and thus you are here) are interchangeable with aftermarket parts? That's one of the beauties of having a f...king Wrangler!

OP - You do have to return the vehicle exactly the way you got it. So both tops will have to be returned (I leased a dual top as well, and I asked this question to the finance manager).

Ultimately - do whatever the F you want with the parts, as long as you can return that Jeep the way the dealership gave it to you (some wear and tear is ok). No one is stealing here... some people should take a few doses of fakit pills on a daily basis.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
OP - You do have to return the vehicle exactly the way you got it. So both tops will have to be returned (I leased a dual top as well, and I asked this question to the finance manager).
Thanks for the advice. That's ALL I wanted to know.. lol

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Of course you can't sell it. That'd be like leasing a car and returning it with a door missing.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Selling the top now is not like selling it a few months ago. I have seen many now for sale as low as $1400.00 If that works for you, sell it.

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
Selling the top now is not like selling it a few months ago. I have seen many now for sale as low as $1400.00 If that works for you, sell it.
Yeah and I have someone picking it up for more than that tomorrow night. I'm just saying that in 3 years I'm pretty sure I can replace it with an OEM one since it'll be more abundant. I just want to get this big box out of my apartment..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.