• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: New York Can I run stock 2021 JLUR LT285/17R17C tires with after market rims?

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Currently have a 2021 JLUR with the factory 17x17.5 rims and I am looking to buy the VenomRex VR-501 bronze rims which are 17x9 / 5x127 / -6mm. As you can tell I am a nubie and I wanted to know if I could just swap the rims and everything be fine without new tires? Do I also need to get new TPMS sensors for the new rims? My plan for the jeep is about 80% road princess 20% trail rides.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 4.00.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 4.03.32 PM.png
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
You can just swap the tires to the new rims and TPMS as well with no problems.

FYI this was posted on the sale section... so could be why no one has responded. :)

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You can just swap the tires to the new rims and TPMS as well with no problems.

FYI this was posted on the sale section... so could be why no one has responded. :)
Thank you, and wow you can tell I’m new at this lol.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I believe you have posted incorrect size data in the title of your thread and in the body of your thread.

1. There is no such tire size as a "LT285/17R17C". You might want to check that data. More than likely you have a LT285/70R17.

2. There is no such wheel size as a "17X17.5" Given the standard wheel specs I suspect you have a 17X7 or 17x7.5 rim.

As far as your question goes, having the right specs would be helpful. I would offer that, according to Toyo's website, their AT III tires in LT285/70R17 & LT285/75R17 size tires require a minimum wheel width of 7.5 inches.

You either buy new TPMS units to put in your new wheels or re-use the ones from your stock wheels. That question won't be answered until they break down the OEM tire & wheel combo.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I believe you have posted incorrect size data in the title of your thread and in the body of your thread.

1. There is no such tire size as a "LT285/17R17C". You might want to check that data. More than likely you have a LT285/70R17.

2. There is no such wheel size as a "17X17.5" Given the standard wheel specs I suspect you have a 17X7 or 17x7.5 rim.

As far as your question goes, having the right specs would be helpful. I would offer that, according to Toyo's website, their AT III tires in LT285/70R17 & LT285/75R17 size tires require a minimum wheel width of 7.5 inches.

You either buy new TPMS units to put in your new wheels or re-use the ones from your stock wheels. That question won't be answered until they break down the OEM tire & wheel combo.
Thank you for correcting my mistake... I just copied the specs off the Jeep website on the custom builder tool. I do have the 285/70R17 tires with the 17x7.5 rims.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
You can fit up to 35" tires on your rubicon without lift or anything. 285/70r17 is only around 33 inches. You can even keep your stock wheels if you like. Your Rubicon already has wider axles, so no need for wheel spacers.
Sponsored