Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have someone who can sell me there only 8.4 in radio for about $700 and replace my 5in radio. Would this be possible since it is not a new radio? Would I have any problems. My current setup does have satellite radio.
This video will explain what you need to simply swap out the various radios for the JL. As mentioned above, if you buy used, make sure you get the security code and bezel.

Casper56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep cherokee
Easy swap. Make sure you get the security code from the seller
So I am selling a 7 inch out of a 23 jeep wrangler. I contacted the dealer and explained the situation they told me the person buying the radio would need their code and vin so the radio could work with their vehicle. I replaced mine with an 8.4 from infotainment they used my VIN to program the radio to my vehicle and sent me a code for the new radio. Didn't need it just plug and play.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
So I am selling a 7 inch out of a 23 jeep wrangler. I contacted the dealer and explained the situation they told me the person buying the radio would need their code and vin so the radio could work with their vehicle. I replaced mine with an 8.4 from infotainment they used my VIN to program the radio to my vehicle and sent me a code for the new radio. Didn't need it just plug and play.
They were incorrect. You will need to provide the security code with the radio when you sell it, or it's just a paperweight.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer is incorrect. Get your code from them for your 7ā€, The buyer will need it. Infotainment is different, they can program before shipping, new owner of a pull out needs the code when installing.

Sponsored

Casper56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep cherokee
Dealer is incorrect. Get your code from them for your 7ā€, The buyer will need it. Infotainment is different, they can program before shipping, new owner of a pull out needs the code when installing.
Thanks I will go back and get that code.

LostinBigBear

First Name
Sunshine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JL
I also just recently swapped out the 7ā€ from my ā€˜23 JL with an 8.4ā€ from infotainment. Iā€™m having a couple of issues though. I lost the assist and 911 features on the top near the rear view mirror. They both stay red continuously, so I put black tape over them until I figure it out. I cannot access the send and go feature through the NAV. Also, the Jeep app no longer shows my Jeepā€™s location correctly, but the Uconnect app it is correct. If I bring the Jeep to the dealer to flash it, will that more than likely fix these issues, or will I be in trouble because I didnā€™t go through them? I mean, it is an OEM that I replaced it with, so I thought it would be okay. Please pardon my ignorance. This is my first brand new car in 20 years, and my how things have changed!! Suggestions?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I lost the assist and 911 features on the top near the rear view mirror. They both stay red continuously
I'm fairly certain that when you change radios, even if you have active Sirius Guardian features, you lose them with the new radio. It is my understanding that Guardian only works with the factory installed radio. It doesn't matter that the replacement radio supports it.

If I bring the Jeep to the dealer to flash it, will that more than likely fix these issues
What are they going to flash? The radio from Infotainment should come with the most up to date firmware.

Suggestions?
Contact Infotainment.com and see what they have to say.

Last edited:

LostinBigBear

First Name
Sunshine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JL
Thanks for responding. I was just hoping someone would have been in my exact scenario and had a work around. Itā€™s like I only lost part of Guardian when I installed the new unit, so thatā€™s why I thought there could be something I was missing. I did contact infotainment, and the new unit does have the latest firmware. Maybe I used incorrect terminology with the word flash.
Sponsored