Sponsored

Can I program Jeep for LED and still use my CanBus lights?

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I have the LasFit Canbus LED taillights, and got some front switchbacks for Christmas that I haven't installed yet up front. They seem to work OK in back, with only a rare "bulb out" error but bulb still works and flashes as expected so not sure what's up with that.

I also got an ODBII BT module and JScan app but haven't used that yet. I am wondering if I should change the light type to LED while I'm in there making updates? I assume it won't throw any errors if I still have the Canbus style bulbs in vs plain old LEDs but wanted to see if anyone else had done this. Or would I be better to get "plain" LED bulbs for the 4 corners now that I can change the light type with JScan?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering this myself, as I bought the CANBus red taillight LEDs, just haven't gotten them installed yet.

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I have the Mopar LED taillights on my Jeep, that came with halogen, unsure of the Canbus, but i changed all of my lights to LED and that got rid of The bulb out. In fact on my DRLs they said they were shorted, until i changed the side marker

I have the Jscan
Sponsored