Sponsored

Can I power a 200W sub from the rear accessory outlet?

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
The cigarette style outlet in the rear left side of my Sport? I have a Cerwin Vega VPAS10 I'd like to install in the cubby under the rear floor.
Seems like the easiest route would be use the accessory outlet for power and tap into the roll bar speakers as high level inputs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wolfy

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, @Tommywear ,
Seems like it might be on the edge, depending on what the true current draw of the amp is. Maybe not worth a try though. Any other places to grab power in a 2 door that are more convenient than coming off the battery? ... And preferably switched?

OP
OP
Wolfy

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for the links. Maybe I should do the trailer harness solution, because I have a hitch that I put on for a bike rack, but didn't wire it, because i really haven't needed to trailer anything yet.. I also already have an NVX amp wiring kit that I could use, so that solution would be lowest cost. ;) I bought that because i intended to install the sub in another vehicle i owned and ended up trading it for my JL. Decisions... decisions.... :headbang:

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
OP
OP
Wolfy

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I'll go with the NVX kit I have. It's 4 gauge, so plenty of safety margin there. It's just a bigger project now then using the accessory socket. I'll have to wait til the weather warms up. ;)
Sponsored