Sponsored

Can I just pressure wash the undercarriage?

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sure its been asked but I cant find it. Is there any reason that I cant lightly pressure wash the underside of of the Jeep? I was at the dealer, they had it on a lift and were showing me that my Jeep is fine and the noise I hear is completely normal...sure...anyway, it was really dirty and grimy. Thought about just hitting it with a pressure washer. Any reason not to do this?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Sure its been asked but I cant find it. Is there any reason that I cant lightly pressure wash the underside of of the Jeep? I was at the dealer, they had it on a lift and were showing me that my Jeep is fine and the noise I hear is completely normal...sure...anyway, it was really dirty and grimy. Thought about just hitting it with a pressure washer. Any reason not to do this?
I did that to mine probably 50 times already, although I did not use super high pressure. Still runs beautifully and NO rust.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Most dealerships will wash it after service.

But, to your point, I spray my undercarriage after every beach run for about 20 mins and try to after any trail runs provided it’s not raining.

It’s a real PITA but I think it’s worth it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimmy_jak

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
very nice fellas. looks like ill be washing my underbits this weekend....:)

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I've had her nice & high up on jack stands & taken a simple garden hose with a jet nozzle & sprayed & scrub-brushed trail mix from the unders a few times. Full anal mode as @MORTON calls it.

Salt1972

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD + 2016 JKU
Blast away. No need to take it easy with the exception of the electrical box and alternator, but even those will tolerate a fair dose. You'll find a pressure washer will not remove as much as you might think. Use a good detergent and a handle brush and then rinse. I'm a clean FREAK and put all vehicles on a lift, remove wheels/tires, and pressure wash, brush, and mitt at least 2-3 times per year. My daughter's 2016 JKU was on a lift at the dealer last week and the tech asked how we found a brand new 2016 without any miles... it has 28k miles. It's just that clean.
Sponsored